How to merge multiple archive pst files in Outlook?
For example, you change to a new computer and add your email accounts into Microsoft Outlook with a new Outlook data file, but now you want to merge the old Outlook data file (.pst file) with the new one, how to figure it out? In this article, I will show you how to merge multiple .pst files into Microsoft Outlook.
- Merge two .pst files with one opening in Outlook
- Merge two .pst files which are not opening in Outlook
- Merge two .pst files which are opening in Outlook
Merge two .pst files with only one opening in Outlook
Let’s say there are two .pst files you will merge, and one is opening in Microsoft Outlook, while the other has not been opening, you can merge them with following steps:
Step 1: Open the Import and Export Wizard dialog box with one of following methods:
- In Outlook 2007, click the File > Import and Export;
- In Outlook 2010, Click the File > Open > Import;
- In Outlook 2013, click the File > Open & Export > Import/Export;
Step 2: In the coming Import and Export Wizard dialog box, click to select the Import from another program or file, and then click the Next button.
Step 3: In the Import a File dialog box, click to select the Outlook Data File (.pst), and then click the Next button.
Step 4: In the Import Outlook Data File dialog box, check the option of Do not import duplicates, and then click the Browse button.
Step 5: In the coming Open Outlook Data Files dialog box, find out and select the .pst file you don’t open in Outlook, and then click the Open button.
Step 6: Click the Next button in the Import Outlook Data File dialog box.
Step 7: In the Second Import Outlook Data File dialog box, check the option of Import items into the same folder in box, and then clicking the box below and specify the .pst file that you have opened in Outlook, and click the Finish button.
Step 8: Then a Microsoft Outlook dialog box pops up to show you the importing progress. And it will be closed automatically when importing finishes.
Merge two .pst files which are not opening in Outlook
If the two .pst files you will merge have not been opened in Microsoft Outlook, you have to open one of them before merging.
You can open a .pst file in Outlook with following methods:
- In Outlook 2007, click the File > Open > Outlook Data File
- In Outlook 2010, click the File > Open > Open Outlook Data File
- In Outlook 2013, click the File > Open & Export > Open Outlook Data File
And then in the Open Outlook Data File dialog box, find out and select one of both .pst files, and click the Open button.
Now you can follow the same steps we introduced in the first situation to merge the two .pst files.
Merge two .pst files which are opening in Outlook
If both of .pst files you will merge have been opened in Microsoft Outlook already, you have to close one of the .pst files before merging.
Right click the .pst file you will close in the Navigation Pane, and then select the Close “Pst File Name” from the right-clicking menu. See screen shot below.
Note: the “Pst File Name” will show as your pst file name.
Then you can follow the same steps we introduced in the first situation to merge the two .pst files.
Kutools for Outlook - Brings 100 Advanced Features to Outlook, and Make Work Much Easier!
- Auto CC/BCC by rules when sending email; Auto Forward Multiple Emails by custom; Auto Reply without exchange server, and more automatic features...
- BCC Warning - show message when you try to reply all if your mail address is in the BCC list; Remind When Missing Attachments, and more remind features...
- Reply (All) With All Attachments in the mail conversation; Reply Many Emails in seconds; Auto Add Greeting when reply; Add Date into subject...
- Attachment Tools: Manage All Attachments in All Mails, Auto Detach, Compress All, Rename All, Save All... Quick Report, Count Selected Mails...
- Powerful Junk Emails by custom; Remove Duplicate Mails and Contacts... Enable you to do smarter, faster and better in Outlook.