How to send a task status report in Outlook?
By default, if the person who assigned you a task and enabled the Send me a status report when this task is complete function in this task, when you receive and complete it, Outlook will send a complete task status report to that person automatically. But if the assigned task is just in progress or other status, and you want the task status to be known by the owner, what can you do? In this tutorial, we will show you how to manually send a status report of an assigned task in Outlook.
Office Tab: Enable Tabbed Editing and Browsing in Office, Just Like Chrome, Firefox, IE 8/9/10.
Classic Menu: Bring Old Menus and Toolbars Back to Office 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016 and 2019.
It is quite easy to send a task update in Outlook.
1. Shift to the Tasks view, and open the assigned task you have received.
2. In the Task window, please select a status for the assigned task in the Status drop-down list, and change the percentage in the % Complete box for your required. See screenshot:
3. Then click Send Status Report in the Mange Task group under Task tab.
4. Then a Task Status Report – Message window pops up. You can see the person who assigned you the task is automatically added in the To field. Compose the email and then send it.
Recommended Productivity Tools
- Complicated and repeated operations can be done a one-time processing in seconds.
- Forward multiple emails individually with one-click, and auto forward by rules.
- Auto CC/BCC every sending email and easy for customizing rules, and auto reply without requiring exchange server.
- Powerful junk emails filter, remove duplicate emails, reply with attachment, bunch of one-click operations, and so on...
- 60-day unlimited free trial. 60-day money back guarantee. 2 years free upgrade and support. Buy once, use forever.