How to search contacts by phone number in Outlook?
Sometimes, you may remember a contact’ phone number, but forget this contact’s other information, such as name, company, email address, etc. In this condition, how to find out the contact exactly? Here I will show you a couple of ways about searching contacts by phone number in Outlook.
Office Tab: Enable Tabbed Editing and Browsing in Office, Just Like Chrome, Firefox, IE 8/9/10.
Classic Menu: Bring Old Menus and Toolbars Back to Office 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016 and 2019.
Either you remember the whole phone number or beginning numbers of the phone number, you can type the phone number into the Search Box directly. Then you will find out the contacts with this phone in the searching results. See screen shot:
Note: If you can’t remember which folder the contact with this phone number is saved in, you can search all Contact Items with clicking the All Contact Items button on the Search tab.
In some cases, you may only remember part of phone number, which are not beginning numbers. In this condition, you have to search contacts with the Advanced Find command in Outlook.
Step 1: Shift to the People (Contacts) view, and open the contact folder that the contact you find may be saved in.
Step 2: Activate the Search Tools with put cursor into the Search Box above contact list, and click the Search Tools > Advanced Find on the Search Tab in Outlook 2010 and 2013. See screen shot:
(1) If you are using Outlook 2007, you need to click the Tools > Instant Search > Advanced Find.
(2) No matter you are using Outlook 2010, 2013, or 2007, you can open the Advanced Find dialog box with pressing the Ctrl + Shift + F keys at the same time.
Step 3: In the coming Advanced Find dialog box, click the Advanced tab, and:
(1) Click the Field > Phone number Fields > Business Phone (or other phone fields you think possibly);
(2) Click the Conditior (or Condition) box, and select the contains from the drop down list;
(3) In the Value box, enter the part of phone number you remember;
(4) Click the Add to List button;
(5) Click the Find Now button.
Note: You can change the searching scope with clicking the Browse button, and then specify the searching folders in the Select Folders dialog box. See screen shot below:
By the way, you can only select contact folders from within a single Outlook data file.
Then you will view the contacts whose business phone numbers contain the numbers you typed in the searching results at the bottom of Advanced Find dialog box.
Step 4: Close the Advanced Find dialog box.
Recommended Productivity Tools
- Complicated and repeated operations can be done a one-time processing in seconds.
- Forward multiple emails individually with one-click, and auto forward by rules.
- Auto CC/BCC every sending email and easy for customizing rules, and auto reply without requiring exchange server.
- Powerful junk emails filter, remove duplicate emails, reply with attachment, bunch of one-click operations, and so on...
- 60-day unlimited free trial. 60-day money back guarantee. 2 years free upgrade and support. Buy once, use forever.
You are guest ( Sign Up? )
or post as a guest, but your post won't be published automatically.
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years agoHow two get my number
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years agomy phone got lost last week so i bought another line yesterday so i need to see all contact from this number 0700748289 please.
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years agopleast i need all contact from that line they are so important to me
my phone got lost last week,i bought another line yesterday so i need these numbers plz
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years agoall contact from line
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 2 years agoThanks for sharing your valuable features and other relevant information.
please follow the link
Outlook EMail Customer Care Support Number 0800 014 8929|||Call Now Outlook Email Support
outlook email support