How to stop Outlook getting closed when minimized/closed?
For some Outlook users, they are surprised that the Outlook getting closed when they minimizing it. As the Outlook icon displays in the closed status at the task bar. See screenshot:
Actually, Outlook is not closed in this status, but the icon is hided in the task bar when minimized. Indeed the icon status showing in the task bar might cause confusion of this problem. In this article, we will show you how to stop Outlook getting closed when minimized. In general, it is about how to prevent Outlook icon being hided in the task bar when minimizing.
1. In the Task bar, click the Show hidden icon button to display the icons box. See screenshot:
2. Find and right click the Outlook icon, uncheck Hide When Minimized option from the list.
From now on, when you minimizing the Outlook, the icon still be highlighted in the task bar and cause no confusion of closing for you anymore.
With the Close To Minimize utility of Kutools for Outlook, you can prevent Outlook from closing with only one click when clicking on the Close button.
Just click Kutools Plus > Close To Minimize to enable the feature.
From now on, when clicking on the Close button, Outlook will be minimized instead of closing.
If you want to have a free trial of this utility, please go to free download the software first, and then go to apply the operation according above steps.
Recommended Productivity Tools
- Complicated and repeated operations can be done a one-time processing in seconds.
- Forward multiple emails individually with one-click, and auto forward by rules.
- Auto CC/BCC every sending email and easy for customizing rules, and auto reply without requiring exchange server.
- Powerful junk emails filter, remove duplicate emails, reply with attachment, bunch of one-click operations, and so on...
- 60-day unlimited free trial. 60-day money back guarantee. 2 years free upgrade and support. Buy once, use forever.
You are guest ( Sign Up? )
or post as a guest, but your post won't be published automatically.
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 2 years agoThe answer was apparently written for older versions of Windows; doesn't address the real problem posed in the question. :(
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 2 years agoOP, thank you, this worked just as described.
the hidden icon ^ is in bottom right corner, next to clock, wifi, etc.
when i finally fixed this, i saw 55 open outlook windows!
how inefficient of windows 10! absolutely despise this OS!!!
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 2 years agoThanks very much. Worked and was well explained. had this problem for a long time.
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 2 years agoI fixed it- duh- icon over on the right side! duh.
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 2 years agoDoesn't work for me. I can't find the arrow or a speaker icon on my system tray. when I right click on the Outlook icon minimized I just get a task list and unpin this program option. Nothing about hide when minimized. HELP!