How to export an Outlook email to PDF file?
As you know, Microsoft Outlook does not support to convert an email to PDF file directly. Usually you can apply the Adobe Acrobat software to do this job. However, if you have not installed the Adobe Acrobat, or other three-party add-ins, how to export emails to PDF files? Here I will introduce two workarounds to export an email to PDF file without Adobe Acrobat or other add-ins:
- If Outlook supports the Microsoft Print to PDF feature
- If Outlook doesn’t support the Microsoft Print to PDF feature
- Export multiple Outlook emails to individual PDF files in bulk
If you are working in Windows 10, your Microsoft Outlook provides a printer of Microsoft Print to PDF. With this feature, you can quickly save an email to PDF file at ease.
1. Select or open the email you will export to PDF file, and click File > Print.
2. Now select the Microsoft Print to PDF from the Printer drop down list, and click the Print button. See screenshot:
3. In the opening Save Print Output As dialog box, please: (1) specify the destination folder you will save the exported PDF file into; (2) type a name for the exported PDF file into the File name box; and (3) click the Save button.
And now the select email has been exported and saved as an individual PDF file.
In contrast, some users don’t work in Windows 10 and their Outlook doesn’t support the Microsoft Print to PDF feature. In this condition, please follow below steps to export an email to PDF file.
1. Open your Microsoft OneNote, and then click the Add Page button (or New Page button) to insert a blank page. See screenshot:
2. Go to Microsoft Outlook, select the email, and click Home > OneNote. See screenshot:
Note: you can also export to PDF file by clicking File > Print and specifying Send to OneNote as Printer.
3. In the opening Select Location in OneNote dialog box, please select the new page we inserted at the Step 1, and click the OK button.
4. Now the selected email has been exported to the new page of OneNote. Please click File > Export.
5. And now please click to highlight the Page in the Export Current section, click to highlight the PDF (*.pdf) in the Select Format section, and click the Export button.
6. In the opening Save As dialog box, please: (1) specify the destination folder you will save the exported PDF file into; (2) type a name for the exported PDF file into the File name box; (3) check the Selected pages option; (4) click the Save button. See screenshot:
And now the email you selected in Microsoft Outlook has been exported and saved as PDF file.
If you have Kutools for Outlook installed, you can apply its Save as File feature to batch export multiple emails to individual PDF files in Outlook.
1. Hold Ctrl or Shift key to select multiple emails you will export to PDF files in bulk, and click Kutools > Bulk Save. See screenshot:
2. In the Save messages as other files dialog box, please click the Browse button to specify the destination folder you will save the PDF files, check the PDF format option, and then click the Ok button. See screenshot:
Now you will see all selected emails are exported and saved as individual PDF files in the specified destination folder. See screenshot:
Best Office Productivity Tools
Kutools for Outlook - Over 100 Powerful Features to Supercharge Your Outlook
📧 Email Automation: Out of Office (Available for POP and IMAP) / Schedule Send Emails / Auto CC/BCC by Rules When Sending Email / Auto Forward (Advanced Rules) / Auto Add Greeting / Automatically Split Multi-Recipient Emails into Individual Messages ...
Over 100 Features Await Your Exploration! Click Here to Discover More.