How to export Outlook Global Address List (address book) to Excel?
As we know, the Global Address List or Address books are virtual folders in Outlook. We can view and use contacts in these virtual folders, but it’s hard to print or export the contacts from them. But, this article will introduce a roundabout way to export Global Address List or Address book from Outlook to Excel.
Office Tab: Enable Tabbed Editing and Browsing in Office, Just Like Chrome, Firefox, IE 8/9/10.
Classic Menu: Bring Old Menus and Toolbars Back to Office 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016 and 2019.
Please follow below steps to export the Global Address List or an Address Book from Outlook to Excel.
1. Create a new email with clicking Home > New Email.
2. Go to the new Message window, and click the To button in the message header. See screenshot:
3. In the Select Names box, please (see screenshot below):
(1) Select the Global Address List from the Address Book drop down list;
(2) Select all contacts with holding the Shift key and clicking the first contact and the last one;
(3) Click the To --> button to add all contacts as email recipients.
(4) Click the OK button.
4. Now you get back to the message window. Please select all recipients in the To filed, right click and select Copy from the right-clicking menu. See screenshot:
5. Create a new workbook, right click a blank cell and select Keep Text Only in right-clicking menu.
Now all contacts of the Global Address List are pasted into the selected cell in Excel.
6. Keep selecting the cell, and click Data > Text to Columns.
7. In the Convert Text to Columns Wizard – Step 1 of 3, please check the Delimited option and click the Next button.
8. In the Convert Text to Columns Wizard – Step 2 of 3, please only check the Semicolon option, and click the Finish button.
And now all contacts of the Global Address List are pasted into a row in Excel.
9. Select and copy the cell with contacts, right click a blank cell and select Transpose (T) from the right clicking menu.
And now all contact of the Global Address List are pasted into a column (See screenshot above). And you can delete the row of contacts as you need.
10. Click File > Save, and then in the Save As dialog box, please: (1) Specify the destination folder you will save the workbook into; (2) Name the new workbook in the File name box; (3) Click the Save button.
So far we have exported the contacts of Global Address List from Outlook to Excel already.
This method will guide you to save the Global Address list as individual contacts in a new contact folder firstly, and then export these contacts to Excel.
Kutools for Outlook - With more than 20 handy Outlook add-ins, free to try with no limitation in 60 days
1. Go to the People (or Contact) view, create a new contact folder, and then in the new contact folder click Home > New Contact Folder.
2. In the Contact Group window, type a name for the new contact folder in the Name box, and then click Contact Group > Add Members > From Address Book. See screenshot:
3. Now in the Select Members dialog box, please: (1) Select the Global Address List from the Address Book drop down list; (2) Holding the Shift, select all contacts with clicking the first contact and the last one; (3) Click the Members button; (4) Click the OK button.
4. Now you return to the Contact Group window. Please click the Save & Close button.
5. Now select the new contact group, and click Kutools > Contact Group.
6. In the Break dialog, click the All button to select all memebers, click the Ok button, and finally click the Yes button in the new Kutools for Outlook dialog. See screenshot:
7. Change the contact folder view with clicking View > Change View > Phone.
8. Select and copy all contacts in the contact folder, paste into a new workbook, and finally save the new workbook.
(1) You can select all contacts in a contact folder with selecting any contact in it and pressing the Ctrl + A keys at the same time;
(2) Press Ctrl + C keys simultaneously to copy selected contacts, and press Ctrl + V keys simultaneously to paste.
Recommended Productivity Tools
- Complicated and repeated operations can be done a one-time processing in seconds.
- Forward multiple emails individually with one-click, and auto forward by rules.
- Auto CC/BCC every sending email and easy for customizing rules, and auto reply without requiring exchange server.
- Powerful junk emails filter, remove duplicate emails, reply with attachment, bunch of one-click operations, and so on...
- 60-day unlimited free trial. 60-day money back guarantee. 2 years free upgrade and support. Buy once, use forever.
You are guest ( Sign Up? )
or post as a guest, but your post won't be published automatically.
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years agoThank You very much for new Trick. How to get Phone number against email id? Kindly Reply
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years agoTerrible. The images here are not what is in the program and the protocols here do not work. Fail, Fail, Fail'
Just another weak offering trying to fix the even weaker MS outlook weakness. Just another worthless exploration.
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years agoGlobally an Outlook Address Book can be Exported in various ways. You Explained it in best way. I also did some work on it for your viewers. I hope they will like it.