How to export Outlook Global Address List (address book) to Excel?
As we know, the Global Address List or Address books are virtual folders in Outlook. We can view and use contacts in these virtual folders, but it’s hard to print or export the contacts from them. But, this article will introduce a roundabout way to export Global Address List or Address book from Outlook to Excel.
- Export Outlook Global Address List or Address Book to Excel
- Export Outlook Global Address List or Address Book to Excel with Kutools for Outlook
Please follow below steps to export the Global Address List or an Address Book from Outlook to Excel.
1. Create a new email with clicking Home > New Email.
2. Go to the new Message window, and click the To button in the message header. See screenshot:
3. In the Select Names box, please (see screenshot below):
(1) Select the Global Address List from the Address Book drop down list;
(2) Select all contacts with holding the Shift key and clicking the first contact and the last one;
(3) Click the To --> button to add all contacts as email recipients.
(4) Click the OK button.
4. Now you get back to the message window. Please select all recipients in the To filed, right click and select Copy from the right-clicking menu. See screenshot:
5. Create a new workbook, right click a blank cell and select Keep Text Only in right-clicking menu.
Now all contacts of the Global Address List are pasted into the selected cell in Excel.
6. Keep selecting the cell, and click Data > Text to Columns.
7. In the Convert Text to Columns Wizard – Step 1 of 3, please check the Delimited option and click the Next button.
8. In the Convert Text to Columns Wizard – Step 2 of 3, please only check the Semicolon option, and click the Finish button.
And now all contacts of the Global Address List are pasted into a row in Excel.
9. Select and copy the cell with contacts, right click a blank cell and select Transpose (T) from the right clicking menu.
And now all contact of the Global Address List are pasted into a column (See screenshot above). And you can delete the row of contacts as you need.
10. Click File > Save, and then in the Save As dialog box, please: (1) Specify the destination folder you will save the workbook into; (2) Name the new workbook in the File name box; (3) Click the Save button.
So far we have exported the contacts of Global Address List from Outlook to Excel already.
This method will guide you to save the Global Address list as individual contacts in a new contact folder firstly, and then export these contacts to Excel.
1. Go to the People (or Contact) view, create a new contact folder, and then in the new contact folder click Home > New Contact Folder.
2. In the Contact Group window, type a name for the new contact folder in the Name box, and then click Contact Group > Add Members > From Address Book. See screenshot:
3. Now in the Select Members dialog box, please: (1) Select the Global Address List from the Address Book drop down list; (2) Holding the Shift, select all contacts with clicking the first contact and the last one; (3) Click the Members button; (4) Click the OK button.
4. Now you return to the Contact Group window. Please click the Save & Close button.
5. Now select the new contact group, and click Kutools > Contact Group.
6. In the Break dialog, click the All button to select all members, click the Ok button, and finally click the Yes button in the new Kutools for Outlook dialog. See screenshot:
7. Change the contact folder view with clicking View > Change View > Phone.
8. Select and copy all contacts in the contact folder, paste into a new workbook, and finally save the new workbook.
(1) You can select all contacts in a contact folder with selecting any contact in it and pressing the Ctrl + A keys at the same time;
(2) Press Ctrl + C keys simultaneously to copy selected contacts, and press Ctrl + V keys simultaneously to paste.
- Auto CC/BCC by rules when sending email; Auto Forward Multiple Emails by custom; Auto Reply without exchange server, and more automatic features...
- BCC Warning - show message when you try to reply all if your mail address is in the BCC list; Remind When Missing Attachments, and more remind features...
- Reply (All) With All Attachments in the mail conversation; Reply Many Emails in seconds; Auto Add Greeting when reply; Add Date into subject...
- Attachment Tools: Manage All Attachments in All Mails, Auto Detach, Compress All, Rename All, Save All... Quick Report, Count Selected Mails...
- Powerful Junk Emails by custom; Remove Duplicate Mails and Contacts... Enable you to do smarter, faster and better in Outlook.