How to print global address list (address book) in Outlook?
We all know it’s easy to add contacts from Global Address List to the default contact folder in Outlook. But, how to print out the Global Address List or an Address Book? Below method will help you easily get it done in Outlook.
Office Tab: Enable Tabbed Editing and Browsing in Office, Just Like Chrome, Firefox, IE 8/9/10.
Classic Menu: Bring Old Menus and Toolbars Back to Office 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016 and 2019.
Please follow below steps to print the Global Address List or an Address Book in Outlook.
1. Shift to the Contact view, and create a new contact folder with right clicking the default contact folder and selecting New Folder from the right-clicking menu. See screenshot:
2. In the opening Create New Folder dialog box, name the new folder as Default Folder or any other names as you need into the Name box, and click the OK button.
3. Repeat above Step 1 and Step 2 to create another new contact folder and name as GAL.
4. Open the default contact folder, select all contacts in it, and then drag these contacts into the new Default Folder. See screenshot:
Note: To select all contacts in a contact folder, please select one contact in this folder, and then press the Ctrl + A keys simultaneously.
And now the default contact folder is empty.
5. Click Home > Address Book.
6. In the opening Address Book dialog box, please (see screenshot below):
(1) Select the Global Address List from the Address Book drop down list;
(2) Select all contacts in the Global Address List, right click and select Add to Contacts from the right-clicking menu.
Note: Holding the Shift key, you can select all contacts by clicking the first contact and the last one.
(3) Close the Address Book dialog box.
And now all contacts in the specified Global Address List are copied and added into the default contact folder.
7. Shift to the default contact folder, select all contacts in it, and drag selected contacts into the new-created GAL folder.
8. Go to the GAL folder, click View > Change View > List to change this folder’s view.
9. Click File > Print to print all contacts in the GAL folder.
So far we have printed the Global Address List already.
(1) Please remember to restore original contacts in the default contact folder: shift to the Default Folder, select all contacts, and drag to the default contact folder.
(2) Delete the Default Folder as you need.
This method will introduce a roundabout method to print the Global Address List or any address book with a new contact group and the Advanced Print feature of Kutools for Outlook.
Kutools for Outlook - With more than 20 handy Outlook add-ins, free to try with no limitation in 60 days
1. In the People (or Contacts) view, create a new contact group with clicking Home > New Contact Group.
2. In the new Contact Group window, name the new contact group as Global Address List in the Name box, and click Add Members > From Address Book. See screenshot:
3. In the Select Members dialog box, please do as below screenshot shown:
- (1) Select the Global Address List from the Address book drop down list;
- (2) Holding the Shift key, select all contact by clicking the first contact and the last one;
- (3) Click the Members button and the OK button successively.
Now all contacts in the Global Address List have been added into the new contact group.
4. Click Kutools > Advanced Print.
Note: The Advanced Print feature of Kutools for Outlook will print the contact group name and members together without page breaks, and remove the username as well when printing. Of course you can click File > Print to print the contact group name on a separate page.
5. In the Opening Advanced Print dialog box, click the Print button.
6. In the opening Print dialog box, specify a printer, and click the Print button.Click to download Kutools for Outlook, 60-day free tiral no limitation!
Recommended Productivity Tools
- Complicated and repeated operations can be done a one-time processing in seconds.
- Forward multiple emails individually with one-click, and auto forward by rules.
- Auto CC/BCC every sending email and easy for customizing rules, and auto reply without requiring exchange server.
- Powerful junk emails filter, remove duplicate emails, reply with attachment, bunch of one-click operations, and so on...
- 60-day unlimited free trial. 60-day money back guarantee. 2 years free upgrade and support. Buy once, use forever.