How to print global address list (address book) in Outlook?
We all know it’s easy to add contacts from Global Address List to the default contact folder in Outlook. But, how to print out the Global Address List or an Address Book? Below method will help you easily get it done in Outlook.
- Auto CC/BCC by rules when sending email; Auto Forward Multiple Emails by rules; Auto Reply without exchange server, and more automatic features...
- BCC Warning - show message when you try to reply all if your mail address is in the BCC list; Remind When Missing Attachments, and more remind features...
- Reply (All) With All Attachments in the mail conversation; Reply Many Emails at once; Auto Add Greeting when reply; Auto Add Date&Time into subject...
- Attachment Tools: Auto Detach, Compress All, Rename All, Auto Save All... Quick Report, Count Selected Mails, Remove Duplicate Mails and Contacts...
- More than 100 advanced features will solve most of your problems in Outlook 2010-2019 and 365. Full features 60-day free trial.
Please follow below steps to print the Global Address List or an Address Book in Outlook.
1. Shift to the Contact view, and create a new contact folder with right clicking the default contact folder and selecting New Folder from the right-clicking menu. See screenshot:
2. In the opening Create New Folder dialog box, name the new folder as Default Folder or any other names as you need into the Name box, and click the OK button.
3. Repeat above Step 1 and Step 2 to create another new contact folder and name as GAL.
4. Open the default contact folder, select all contacts in it, and then drag these contacts into the new Default Folder. See screenshot:
Note: To select all contacts in a contact folder, please select one contact in this folder, and then press the Ctrl + A keys simultaneously.
And now the default contact folder is empty.
5. Click Home > Address Book.
6. In the opening Address Book dialog box, please (see screenshot below):
(1) Select the Global Address List from the Address Book drop down list;
(2) Select all contacts in the Global Address List, right click and select Add to Contacts from the right-clicking menu.
Note: Holding the Shift key, you can select all contacts by clicking the first contact and the last one.
(3) Close the Address Book dialog box.
And now all contacts in the specified Global Address List are copied and added into the default contact folder.
7. Shift to the default contact folder, select all contacts in it, and drag selected contacts into the new-created GAL folder.
8. Go to the GAL folder, click View > Change View > List to change this folder’s view.
9. Click File > Print to print all contacts in the GAL folder.
So far we have printed the Global Address List already.
(1) Please remember to restore original contacts in the default contact folder: shift to the Default Folder, select all contacts, and drag to the default contact folder.
(2) Delete the Default Folder as you need.
This method will introduce a roundabout method to print the Global Address List or any address book with a new contact group and the Advanced Print feature of Kutools for Outlook.
1. In the People (or Contacts) view, create a new contact group with clicking Home > New Contact Group.
2. In the new Contact Group window, name the new contact group as Global Address List in the Name box, and click Add Members > From Address Book. See screenshot:
3. In the Select Members dialog box, please do as below screenshot shown:
- (1) Select the Global Address List from the Address book drop down list;
- (2) Holding the Shift key, select all contact by clicking the first contact and the last one;
- (3) Click the Members button and the OK button successively.
Now all contacts in the Global Address List have been added into the new contact group.
4. Click Kutools > Advanced Print.
Note: The Advanced Print feature of Kutools for Outlook will print the contact group name and members together without page breaks, and remove the username as well when printing. Of course you can click File > Print to print the contact group name on a separate page.
5. In the Opening Advanced Print dialog box, click the Print button.
6. In the opening Print dialog box, specify a printer, and click the Print button.
- Auto CC/BCC by rules when sending email; Auto Forward Multiple Emails by custom; Auto Reply without exchange server, and more automatic features...
- Reply (All) With All Attachments in the mail conversation; Reply Many Emails in seconds; Auto Add Greeting when reply; Add Date into subject...
- Attachment Tools: Manage All Attachments in All Mails, Auto Detach, Compress All, Rename All, Save All... Quick Report, Count Selected Mails...
- Powerful Junk Emails by custom; Remove Duplicate Mails and Contacts... Enable you to do smarter, faster and better in Outlook.