How to change archive (.pst) file’s location in Outlook?
As you know, you can archive emails, appointments, or tasks to the archive file manually or automatically in Outlook. However, do you know where the archive file is saved, and how could you change the archive file’s location in Outlook? Below solutions will help you get it easily:
This section is talking about changing the default archive file’s location in Outlook. Please do as follows:
1. Click File > Info > Tools (or Cleanup Tools) > Clean Up Older Items (or Archive) to open the Archive dialog box.
2. Now the Archive dialog box comes out. Click the Browse button in it.
3. In the popping out Open Outlook Data Files dialog box, please specify the new folder you will save the default archive file into, and click the OK button.
4. Click the OK button in the Archive dialog box.
And now the default archive file’s location is changed to the new specified folder.
Apart from manually archiving emails, you can also configure auto archive settings from a certain folder in Outlook. And this section is talking about changing a certain folder’s auto archive file location in Outlook. Please do as follows:
1. In the Navigation pane, right click the folder you will configure the auto archive settings, and select Properties from the right-clicking menu. See screenshot:
2. In the opening Properties dialog box, go to the AutoArchive tab, and:
(1) Check both the Archive this folder using these settings option and Move older items to option;
(2) Click the Browse button. See screenshot:
3. In the Open Outlook Data Files dialog box, please specify the folder you will save the auto archive file into, and click the OK button.
4. Click the OK button in the Properties dialog box.
And now the certain folder’s auto archive file location is changed to the new folder.
Best Office Productivity Tools
Kutools for Outlook - Over 100 Powerful Features to Supercharge Your Outlook
Over 100 Features Await Your Exploration! Click Here to Discover More.