How to open and edit Outlook signatures in Word?
Comparing to Signature editor in Outlook, it will be much easier to edit an Outlook signature in Microsoft Word. However, how could you open and edit an Outlook signature in Word? Below solution will guide you to make it come true.
Office Tab: Enable Tabbed Editing and Browsing in Office, Just Like Chrome, Firefox, IE 8/9/10.
Classic Menu: Bring Old Menus and Toolbars Back to Office 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016 and 2019.
Please follow below steps to open and edit an Outlook signature in Word.
1. Double click This PC (or Computer) on the desktop to open the File Explorer, paste below folder path into the Address box, and then press the Enter key. See screenshot:
Folder path of Outlook signatures: %appdata%\microsoft\signatures
2. Now the folder containing Outlook signatures is opening. Check the File name extensions option on the View tab to show file extensions in Windows 8/10.
Note: If you are working in Windows 7, you can show the file name extensions with clicking Organize > Folder and search folders to open Folder Options dialog box, and then unchecking the Hide extensions for known file type option on the View tab in the dialog box. See screenshot:
3. Find out the HTM file named as your Outlook signature that you will change, right click and select Open with > Word or Microsoft Word from the right-clicking menu. See screenshot:
4. Now the Outlook signature is opening in Word. Please edit it as you need.
5. Click File > Save to save the changes, and close the Word window.
From now on, the specified Outlook signature has upgraded with the changes you made in Word.
Recommended Productivity Tools
- Complicated and repeated operations can be done a one-time processing in seconds.
- Forward multiple emails individually with one-click, and auto forward by rules.
- Auto CC/BCC every sending email and easy for customizing rules, and auto reply without requiring exchange server.
- Powerful junk emails filter, remove duplicate emails, reply with attachment, bunch of one-click operations, and so on...
- 60-day unlimited free trial. 60-day money back guarantee. 2 years free upgrade and support. Buy once, use forever.