How to add a mailto link in Outlook signature?
In general, you add many contact information in your signatures in Outlook, and it will be better to contain a mailto link which enables your readers to send emails to you easily. And this article describes the detailed steps to add a mailto link in an Outlook signature.
Office Tab: Enable Tabbed Editing and Browsing in Office, Just Like Chrome, Firefox, IE 8/9/10.
Classic Menu: Bring Old Menus and Toolbars Back to Office 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016 and 2019.
Please follow bellows steps to add a mailto link in a signature in Outlook.
1. In the Mail view, please click Home > New Email to create a new email.
2. In the new opening Message window, please click Insert > Signature > Signatures. See screenshot:
3. Now the Signatures and Stationery dialog box comes out. On the E-mail Signature tab please do as follows:
(1) In the Select signature to edit box, please click to select the signature you will add a mailto link;
(2) Go to the Edit signature box, place the cursor where you will insert the mailto link;
(3) Click the Hyperlink button. See screenshot:
4. Now in the Insert Hyperlink dialog box, please do as below screenshot shown:
(1) Click to highlight the E-mail Address option in the Link to section;
(2) In the Text to display box, type the text which will display as linked text in the signature;
(3) In the E-mail address box, type the email address you will make the linked text linking to;
(4) Preset the subject in the Subject box;
(5) Click the OK button.
5. Click the OK button in the Signatures and Stationery dialog box, and then close the new email without saving.
So far the mailto link has been inserted into the specified signature, and it will display as mailto link normally when the signature is inserted into emails. See screenshot:
Recommended Productivity Tools
- Complicated and repeated operations can be done a one-time processing in seconds.
- Forward multiple emails individually with one-click, and auto forward by rules.
- Auto CC/BCC every sending email and easy for customizing rules, and auto reply without requiring exchange server.
- Powerful junk emails filter, remove duplicate emails, reply with attachment, bunch of one-click operations, and so on...
- 60-day unlimited free trial. 60-day money back guarantee. 2 years free upgrade and support. Buy once, use forever.
You are guest ( Sign Up? )
or post as a guest, but your post won't be published automatically.
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 9 months agoÜberhaupt nicht hilfreich. Unbrauchbar. Teilweise falsch.
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years agoVERY HELPFUL!
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 2 years agoVERY HELPFUL!
But the coment system doesn't like short comments so I'm writing this sentence.