How to delete/recall a sent email before recipients reading in Outlook?
Let’s say you just now sent an email to an irrelevant recipient in Outlook by mistake, and you want to prevent this recipient from viewing this email. In this situation, you can delete the sent email before your recipient reading it.
Office Tab: Enable Tabbed Editing and Browsing in Office, Just Like Chrome, Firefox, IE 8/9/10.
Classic Menu: Bring Old Menus and Toolbars Back to Office 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016 and 2019.
This method will introduce the Recall This Message feature to delete a sent email before recipients reading it in Outlook. Please do as follows:
1. In the Mail view, click to open the Sent Items folder, and then double click to open the sent email you want to delete.
2. In the opening Message window, please click Message > Actions > Recall This Message. See screenshot:
3. In the Recall This Message dialog box, please check the Delete unread copies of this message option, and click the OK button. See screenshot:
Note: It’s optional to check the Tell me if recall succeeds or fails for each recipient option.
4. Close the Message window of the sent email.
Note: If you have checked the Tell me if recall succeeds or fails for each recipient option, you will received notification emails as below screenshot shown when recalling successfully.
Recommended Productivity Tools
- Complicated and repeated operations can be done a one-time processing in seconds.
- Forward multiple emails individually with one-click, and auto forward by rules.
- Auto CC/BCC every sending email and easy for customizing rules, and auto reply without requiring exchange server.
- Powerful junk emails filter, remove duplicate emails, reply with attachment, bunch of one-click operations, and so on...
- 60-day unlimited free trial. 60-day money back guarantee. 2 years free upgrade and support. Buy once, use forever.