How to update a sent email/item in Outlook?
For example, you composed an email and sent it to your recipients in Outlook just now. But now you recognize an attachment is forgotten to attach, how could you fix the problem and update the sent email with the forgotten attachment? There is a solution for you:
Office Tab: Enable Tabbed Editing and Browsing in Office, Just Like Chrome, Firefox, IE 8/9/10.
Classic Menu: Bring Old Menus and Toolbars Back to Office 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016 and 2019.
This method will introduce the Recall This Message feature to recall a sent email before your recipients reading it, and then resent the sent email with you updates in Outlook.
1. In the Mail view, click to open the Sent Items folder, and then double click to open the sent email you need to update.
2. Now the sent email is opening in the Message window. Please click Message > Actions > Recall This Message. See screenshot:
3. In the opening Recall This Message dialog box, please check the Delete unread copies and replace with a new message option, and click the OK button. See screenshot below:
Note: It’s optional to check the Tell me if recall succeeds or fails for each recipient option.
4. Now the sent email is opening in the editable mode. Please update the sent email as you need, and then sent it.
5. Close the Message window of the specified sent email.
(1) This method can update a sent email only if your recipients have not read it.
(2) If you have checked the Tell me if recall succeeds or fails for each recipient option in the Recall This Message dialog box, you will receive notification emails as below screenshot shown:
Recommended Productivity Tools
- Complicated and repeated operations can be done a one-time processing in seconds.
- Forward multiple emails individually with one-click, and auto forward by rules.
- Auto CC/BCC every sending email and easy for customizing rules, and auto reply without requiring exchange server.
- Powerful junk emails filter, remove duplicate emails, reply with attachment, bunch of one-click operations, and so on...
- 60-day unlimited free trial. 60-day money back guarantee. 2 years free upgrade and support. Buy once, use forever.