How to recall or retract a sent message in Outlook?
Sometimes you have just sent an email message and suddenly notice that you need to recompose the message content before the recipient read it. What should you do? Outlook has a function of recalling your sent message based on the recipient does not open and read the email. Please have a look at the following article:
Office Tab: Enable Tabbed Editing and Browsing in Office, Just Like Chrome, Firefox, IE 8/9/10.
Classic Menu: Bring Old Menus and Toolbars Back to Office 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016 and 2019.
1. Open the message you want to recall (double click to open it), click Actions > Recall This Message. See screenshot:
2. When the Recall This Message dialog popping up, under Are you sure you want to, select your desired option. Then click OK button.
Note: If the message you sent was read by the recipient, it cannot be recalled. But if the message stays unread status, it can be recalled.
Recommended Productivity Tools
- Complicated and repeated operations can be done a one-time processing in seconds.
- Forward multiple emails individually with one-click, and auto forward by rules.
- Auto CC/BCC every sending email and easy for customizing rules, and auto reply without requiring exchange server.
- Powerful junk emails filter, remove duplicate emails, reply with attachment, bunch of one-click operations, and so on...
- 60-day unlimited free trial. 60-day money back guarantee. 2 years free upgrade and support. Buy once, use forever.