How to forward an email without original attachments in Outlook?
When forwarding an email containing attachments in Outlook, these attachments will be attached in the forwarding email automatically. But, in some cases you may just need to forward the email content only. Here, this article will introduce two solutions to forward an email without its original attachments in Outlook.
- Auto CC/BCC by rules when sending email; Auto Forward Multiple Emails by rules; Auto Reply without exchange server, and more automatic features...
- BCC Warning - show message when you try to reply all if your mail address is in the BCC list; Remind When Missing Attachments, and more remind features...
- Reply (All) With All Attachments in the mail conversation; Reply Many Emails at once; Auto Add Greeting when reply; Auto Add Date&Time into subject...
- Attachment Tools: Auto Detach, Compress All, Rename All, Auto Save All... Quick Report, Count Selected Mails, Remove Duplicate Mails and Contacts...
- More than 100 advanced features will solve most of your problems in Outlook 2021 - 2010 or Office 365. Full features 60-day free trial.
This method will guide you to manually remove all attachments from the forwarding email in Outlook. Please do as follows:
1. In the Mail view, select the email you will forward without attachments, and click Home > Forward. See screenshot:
2. The Forwarding email is opening in Message window. Go to the Attached box, right click any attachment, select Select All from the context menu, and then press the Delete key to remove all of them. See screenshot:
3. Compose the forwarding email, and send it.
This method will introduce Kutools for Outlook’s Detach All (Attachments) feature to replace all attachments with hyperlinks in the email, and then forward this email.
1. In the Mail view, select the email you will forward without attachments, and click Kutools > Detach All.
2. In the Please select a folder dialog, please specify the destination folder and subfolder style as you need, and click the Ok button. And then click the Yes button in the new popping dialog. See screenshot:
Notes: After detaching, all attachments in the selected email are removed and replaced with corresponding hyperlinks. See screenshot:
3. Keep the email selected, and click Home > Forward.
4. Compose the forwarding email, and send it.
Best Office Productivity Tools
Kutools for Outlook - Over 100 Powerful Features to Supercharge Your Outlook
📧 Email Automation: Out of Office (Available for POP and IMAP) / Schedule Send Emails / Auto CC/BCC by Rules When Sending Email / Auto Forward (Advanced Rules) / Auto Add Greeting / Automatically Split Multi-Recipient Emails into Individual Messages ...
Over 100 Features Await Your Exploration! Click Here to Discover More.