How to prevent Outlook from deleting text as I type in an email?
In some cases, even if you have not pressed the Insert key on the keyboard, it automatically deletes text as you type in a composing email in Outlook as below screenshot shown. Oops! This article will guide you to fix this problem and prevent Outlook from deleting text as you typing in emails.
Please follow below steps to prevent Outlook from deleting text as you type in composing emails.
1. Click Home > New Email to create a new email.
2. In the opening Message window, please click File > Options.
3. Now you get into the Outlook Options dialog box, please click Mail in left bar, and then click the Editor Options button. See screenshot:
4. The Editor Options dialog box comes out. Please click Advanced in left bar, and uncheck the Use overtype mode option and the Use the Insert key to control overtype mode option. See screenshot:
5. Click the OK buttons successively to close the dialog boxes, and close the new email without saving.
From now on, it will never delete text as you type in any composing emails in Outlook.
- Auto CC/BCC by rules when sending email; Auto Forward Multiple Emails by custom; Auto Reply without exchange server, and more automatic features...
- BCC Warning - show message when you try to reply all if your mail address is in the BCC list; Remind When Missing Attachments, and more remind features...
- Reply (All) With All Attachments in the mail conversation; Reply Many Emails in seconds; Auto Add Greeting when reply; Add Date into subject...
- Attachment Tools: Manage All Attachments in All Mails, Auto Detach, Compress All, Rename All, Save All... Quick Report, Count Selected Mails...
- Powerful Junk Emails by custom; Remove Duplicate Mails and Contacts... Enable you to do smarter, faster and better in Outlook.
You are guest
or post as a guest, but your post won't be published automatically.
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 3 years agoThis menu has all changed. WHY? NONE OF IT LINES UP, THESE COMMANDS ARE MISSING. I type in a forwarding email, text is immediately deleted back to zero. What a bunch of CRAP. Can't hotmail just quit messing with this stuff? If it works, then don't change it. Why keep updating and changing something that ALREADY IS WORKING?