How to prevent Outlook from deleting text as I type in an email?
In some cases, even if you have not pressed the Insert key on the keyboard, it automatically deletes text as you type in a composing email in Outlook as below screenshot shown. Oops! This article will guide you to fix this problem and prevent Outlook from deleting text as you typing in emails.
Office Tab: Enable Tabbed Editing and Browsing in Office, Just Like Chrome, Firefox, IE 8/9/10.
Classic Menu: Bring Old Menus and Toolbars Back to Office 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016 and 2019.
Please follow below steps to prevent Outlook from deleting text as you type in composing emails.
1. Click Home > New Email to create a new email.
2. In the opening Message window, please click File > Options.
3. Now you get into the Outlook Options dialog box, please click Mail in left bar, and then click the Editor Options button. See screenshot:
4. The Editor Options dialog box comes out. Please click Advanced in left bar, and uncheck the Use overtype mode option and the Use the Insert key to control overtype mode option. See screenshot:
5. Click the OK buttons successively to close the dialog boxes, and close the new email without saving.
From now on, it will never delete text as you type in any composing emails in Outlook.
Recommended Productivity Tools
- Complicated and repeated operations can be done a one-time processing in seconds.
- Forward multiple emails individually with one-click, and auto forward by rules.
- Auto CC/BCC every sending email and easy for customizing rules, and auto reply without requiring exchange server.
- Powerful junk emails filter, remove duplicate emails, reply with attachment, bunch of one-click operations, and so on...
- 60-day unlimited free trial. 60-day money back guarantee. 2 years free upgrade and support. Buy once, use forever.
You are guest ( Sign Up? )
or post as a guest, but your post won't be published automatically.
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years agoThis menu has all changed. WHY? NONE OF IT LINES UP, THESE COMMANDS ARE MISSING. I type in a forwarding email, text is immediately deleted back to zero. What a bunch of CRAP. Can't hotmail just quit messing with this stuff? If it works, then don't change it. Why keep updating and changing something that ALREADY IS WORKING?