How to delete attachments from a Rich Text email in Outlook?
In a HTML email in Outlook, you can easily remove an attachment with right clicking and selecting Remove Attachment from the context menu. However, in a Rich Text email, there is no such a Remove Attachment feature for you to remove attachments. So how could you remove attachments from a Rich Text email in Outlook? Try below solution:
Office Tab: Enable Tabbed Editing and Browsing in Office, Just Like Chrome, Firefox, IE 8/9/10.
Classic Menu: Bring Old Menus and Toolbars Back to Office 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016 and 2019.
This solution will guide you to convert the Rich Text email to HTML email, and then remove attachments easily later. Please do as follows:
1. In the Mail view, double click to open the Rich Text email whose attachments you want to remove.
2. Now the Rich Text email is opening in Message window. Please click Message > Actions > Edit Message. See screenshot:
3. If you want to remove one attachment only or several attachments staying together, please select them and press the Delete key to remove them. And then skip to the Step 5.
If you want to remove all attachments scattering in the message body, please go ahead to click Format Text > HTML. See screenshot:
4. Now all attachments are moved from message body to the Attached field. Please (1) select any one of attachments, and then click the Select All and Remove Attachment buttons on the Attachments tab successively. See screenshot:
Recommended Productivity Tools
- Complicated and repeated operations can be done a one-time processing in seconds.
- Forward multiple emails individually with one-click, and auto forward by rules.
- Auto CC/BCC every sending email and easy for customizing rules, and auto reply without requiring exchange server.
- Powerful junk emails filter, remove duplicate emails, reply with attachment, bunch of one-click operations, and so on...
- 60-day unlimited free trial. 60-day money back guarantee. 2 years free upgrade and support. Buy once, use forever.