How to forward email with original sender and recipients in Outlook?
In general, when forwarding an email in Outlook, the email’s sender and recipients will be removed automatically in the forwarding email. However, sometimes you may just need to forward an email with its original sender and recipients, how could you get it done? This article will guide you to create a rule for forwarding emails with original sender and recipients in Outlook.
Automatically forward every email to the specified recipient in Outlook
Generally speaking, we can set a rule to automatically forward emails to the specified recipients, such as your another email account, your Gmail, or your colleagues, etc. But, all we know it will take a long time to configure a custom rule in Outlook. Now, we introduce Kutools for Outlook's (Automatic) Forwardfeature, which can set a auto forwarding rule with several clicks only. Click for 60-day free trial without limitation!
Office Tab - Enable Tabbed Editing and Browsing in Office, and Make Work Much Easier...
Forward email with original sender and recipients with a rule
This method will guide you to create a rule within Exchange account to automatically forward all emails meeting specified criteria with these emails’ original senders and recipients in Outlook. Please do as follows:
1. In the Mail view, please click Home > Rules > Manage Rules & Alerts. See screenshot:
2. In the opening Rules and Alerts dialog box, please click the New Rule button on the E-mail Rules tab. See screenshot:
3. Now the Rules Wizard comes out. Please select the Apply rule on messages I receive option, and click the Next button. See screenshot:
4. In the Rules Wizard (Which condition(s) do you want to check?), please specify the criteria you will automatically forward emails based on, and click the OK button. See screenshot:
5. In the Rules Wizard (what do you want to do with the message?), please check the Redirect it to people or public group option in the Step 1 section, and then click the linked text of people or public group in the Step 2 section. See screenshot:
6. In the popping out Rule Address dialog box, please insert the certain recipient’s email address into the To box, and click the OK button. See screenshot:
7. Click the Next button in the Rules Wizard (what do you want to do with the message?), and then click the Next button in the Rules Wizard (Are there any exceptions) directly.
8. Now you get into the Rules Wizard (Finish rule step), please type a name for the new rule in the Step 1 box, check options as you need in the Step 2 section, and click the Finish button. See screenshot:
9. Click the OK button in the Rules and Alerts dialog box.
From now on, all emails meeting the specified criteria will be automatically forwarded with their original senders and recipients.
Note: This way only work with Exchange account in Outlook.
I use a gmail account at work since outlook doesn't allow me to send large files and I do reporting weekly that is large. I have automation for most via Microsoft Power Automate but some folks still need the files vs. going to the SharePoint.
I went into GMAIL, updated under the accounts tab the "send as" (after getting with IT the SSL setup, super easy) and once you do it sent me the confirmation email.
Now I changed the settings in GMAIL to be my default reply, etc.
Then created the rule in Outlook as listed..
Now it sends me ALL of my mail and ALL of the CC etc.
So I reply all and it sends it to all and "AS" my work normal email.