How to not forward emails as attachments in Outlook?
If you forward multiple selected emails with clicking Home > Forward, these selected emails will be forwarded as attachments in Outlook. In some cases, even if you selected only one email, the email is also forwarded as attachment. Here, this article is going to show you methods not to forward emails as attachments!
Office Tab: Enable Tabbed Editing and Browsing in Office, Just Like Chrome, Firefox, IE 8/9/10.
Classic Menu: Bring Old Menus and Toolbars Back to Office 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016 and 2019.
Some Outlook users report emails are always forwarded as attachments, even if there is only one email selected in Outlook. That’s because the Attach original message option is configured for forwarding emails in Outlook Options. You can reset as follow steps:
1. Click File > Options.
2. In the opening Outlook Options dialog box, please click Mail in the left bar, go to the Replies and forwards section, and select any option except the Attach original message option from the When forwarding a message drop down list. See screenshot:
3. Click the OK button to save the settings.
From now on, an email will never be forwarded as an attachment with clicking Home > Forward in Outlook.
If you select multiple emails and forward them in bulk with clicking Home > Forward, all of them will be forwarded as attachments automatically. In this situation, you can apply Kutools for Outlook’s Forward (Multiple Mails) feature to forward multiple emails not as attachments in Outlook.
Kutools for Outlook - With more than 20 handy Outlook add-ins, free to try with no limitation in 60 days
1. In the Mail view, select multiple emails you will forward not as attachments, and click Kutools > Forward in the Multiple Mails group. See screenshot:
Note: Holding the Ctrl key, you can select multiple nonadjacent emails with clicking them one by one; holding the Shift key, you can select multiple adjacent emails with clicking the first one and the last one.
2. In the popping out Select Names: Contacts dialog box, please specify recipients in the To/Cc/Bcc fields, and click the OK button. See screenshot:
And now all selected emails are forwarded in bulk separately, not as attachments!Click to download Kutools for Outlook, 60-day free tiral no limitation!
Recommended Productivity Tools
- Complicated and repeated operations can be done a one-time processing in seconds.
- Forward multiple emails individually with one-click, and auto forward by rules.
- Auto CC/BCC every sending email and easy for customizing rules, and auto reply without requiring exchange server.
- Powerful junk emails filter, remove duplicate emails, reply with attachment, bunch of one-click operations, and so on...
- 60-day unlimited free trial. 60-day money back guarantee. 2 years free upgrade and support. Buy once, use forever.
You are guest ( Sign Up? )
or post as a guest, but your post won't be published automatically.
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years agoSometimes the simple answer is staring you in the face. Thanks for guiding me through the "single email" forward solution. The three options to choose from were not intuitive at all. Thanks Microsoft! I guess I should have tried them all. It has been driving me crazy for the past couple weeks because somehow my system changed and began sending all forwarded emails as attachments. Trying to craft a Google search to come up with the right article was the real challenge!