How to change default email template in Outlook?
It’s easy to create and apply email templates in Outlook. However, it seems impossible to set your custom email template as default one. But, in this article I will introduce a trick in a roundabout way to change the default email template in Outlook.
Please follow below roundabout method to change the default email template in Outlook.
1. In the Mail view, click Home > New Email to create a new email. Compose the new email, and then click File > Save As.
2. In the opening Save As dialog box, please do as follows: (1) Open the stationery folder with pasting the address of %appdata%\microsoft\stationery into to the Address box and pressing the Enter key; (2) Type a name for the new stationery in the File name box; (3) Select HTML from the Save as type drop down list; (4) Click the Save button.
So far, you have created a custom stationery in Outlook. Please close the new email.
3. Click File > Options to open the Outlook Options dialog box.
4. In the Outlook Options dialog box, click Mail in the left bar, and then click the Stationery and Fonts button under the Compose messages section. See screenshot:
5. Now the Signatures and Stationery dialog box comes out, please click the Theme button. See screenshot:
6. In the popping out Theme or Stationery dialog box, click to select the new created stationery in the Choose a Theme list box, and click the OK buttons successively to close all dialog boxes.
From now on, when you click Home > New Email to create a new email in Outlook, the specified stationery will be applied to the new email automatically.
- Auto CC/BCC by rules when sending email; Auto Forward Multiple Emails by custom; Auto Reply without exchange server, and more automatic features...
- BCC Warning - show message when you try to reply all if your mail address is in the BCC list; Remind When Missing Attachments, and more remind features...
- Reply (All) With All Attachments in the mail conversation; Reply Many Emails in seconds; Auto Add Greeting when reply; Add Date into subject...
- Attachment Tools: Manage All Attachments in All Mails, Auto Detach, Compress All, Rename All, Save All... Quick Report, Count Selected Mails...
- Powerful Junk Emails by custom; Remove Duplicate Mails and Contacts... Enable you to do smarter, faster and better in Outlook.