How to create appointment or meeting template in Outlook?
It is no doubt that sometimes you need to repeatedly create appointment or meeting with same subject and body in your calendar folder in Outlook. It is time-consuming to type the same subject and body every time when you create this kind of appointment or meeting. To avoid repeatedly typing, in this article we will show you methods of quickly creating appointment or meeting template in Outlook. With the template of appointment or meeting, create appointment or meeting with same subject and body won’t be a time-consuming job anymore.
Office Tab: Enable Tabbed Editing and Browsing in Office, Just Like Chrome, Firefox, IE 8/9/10.
Classic Menu: Bring Old Menus and Toolbars Back to Office 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016 and 2019.
In Outlook, you can create and publish a personal form with the detail information of the appointment and meeting. And then use this form as the appointment or meeting template. Please do as follows.
1. Firstly you need to enable the Developer tab in Outlook. If you cannot see the Developer tab showing on the ribbon, please click How to add developer tab on Ribbon in Outlook? to show the Developer tab.
2. Shift to the Calendar view and create a new appointment or meeting.
3. In the Appointment or Meeting window, fill in the Subject, Location and body which you need for future use. Then click Developer > Design This Form. See screenshot:
4. Then click Publish > Publish Form under Developer tab.
5. In the Publish Form As dialog box, select Personal Forms Library in the Look In drop-down list; type a name for the form in the Display name box, and finally click the Publish button. See screenshot:
6. Then close the Appointment or Meeting window without saving.
7. For using the created form, in the main interface of Outlook 2010 and 2013, please click Developer > Choose Form.
In Outlook 2007, click File > New > Choose Form.
8. In the Choose Form dialog box, select Personal Forms Library in the Look In drop-down list, and select the form you want to use, then click the Open button. See screenshot:
And your new created template will be opened, you just need to modify the items to your request.
With the Quick Steps function in Outlook, you can easily create meeting template and use it.
1. In Outlook 2010 and 2013, click Create New in the Quick Steps group under Home tab, See screenshot:
Note: The Quick Steps feature doesn’t exist in Outlook 2007.
2. In the Edit Quick Step dialog box, select New Meeting in the Choose an Action drop-down list, then click Show Options. See screenshot:
Note: You can change the name of quick step in the Name box if you need.
3. Fill in the Subject, Location and Text boxes, then click the Finish button. See screenshot:
4. Now the new quick step is successfully created and shown on the Quick Steps group under Home tab. When you need to create a meeting with those information, please just click this quick step in the Quick Steps group to enable it.
Recommended Productivity Tools
- Complicated and repeated operations can be done a one-time processing in seconds.
- Forward multiple emails individually with one-click, and auto forward by rules.
- Auto CC/BCC every sending email and easy for customizing rules, and auto reply without requiring exchange server.
- Powerful junk emails filter, remove duplicate emails, reply with attachment, bunch of one-click operations, and so on...
- 60-day unlimited free trial. 60-day money back guarantee. 2 years free upgrade and support. Buy once, use forever.
You are guest ( Sign Up? )
or post as a guest, but your post won't be published automatically.
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years agoCan't modify the date and time, in the new meeting from the form / template
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years agoOK, I need groups of quick steps.
Quick step group:lectures(construction technology, engineering mechanics, machining operations, land surveying, etc.)
Quick step group 2:Church(cell meetings, Sunday services, village tours, etc.)
Quick step group 3:book making (team analysis, team selection, staking, etc.
How is it done?
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 2 years agoHow do you set duration? I have appointments that I need to create that are 45 minutes and 2 hours. Is there a way to default to those durations?
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 3 years agoIs it possible to create a new meeting quick step for someone else's calendar you manage?
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 4 years agoIs there a shortcut or another method I can use to get to the form more quickly?