How to undo send (unsend) a sent email in Outlook?
For example, you are composing a new email, and then click the Send button by mistake in Outlook. Thus you want to undo the sending action, any ideas? Actually, you can easily undo a sending action by the Recall This Message feature in Outlook.
To cancel the action of sending email, please apply the Recall This Message feature in Outlook.
1. Select the Sent Items folder on the Navigation Pane, and double click to open the email you sent by mistake.
2. In the opening Message window, please click Message > Actions > Recall This Message. See screenshot:
3. In the Recall This Message dialog, please check the Delete unread copies of this message option, optionally check the Tell me if recall succeeds or fails for each recipient option, and click the OK button. See screenshot:
4. Close the message.
Note: If you have checked the Tell me if recall succeeds or fails for each recipient option, and the recipients have not read this email in their Outlook, this email will be recalled, and you will receive recall notifications as below screenshot shown:
Recommended Productivity Tools
- Complicated and repeated operations can be done a one-time processing in seconds.
- Forward multiple emails individually with one-click, and auto forward by rules.
- Auto CC/BCC every sending email and easy for customizing rules, and auto reply without requiring exchange server.
- Powerful junk emails filter, remove duplicate emails, reply with attachment, bunch of one-click operations, and so on...
- 60-day unlimited free trial. 60-day money back guarantee. 2 years free upgrade and support. Buy once, use forever.