How to undo send (unsend) a sent email in Outlook?
For example, you are composing a new email, and then click the Send button by mistake in Outlook. Thus you want to undo the sending action, any ideas? Actually, you can easily undo a sending action by the Recall This Message feature in Outlook.
To cancel the action of sending email, please apply the Recall This Message feature in Outlook.
1. Select the Sent Items folder on the Navigation Pane, and double click to open the email you sent by mistake.
2. In the opening Message window, please click Message > Actions > Recall This Message. See screenshot:
3. In the Recall This Message dialog, please check the Delete unread copies of this message option, optionally check the Tell me if recall succeeds or fails for each recipient option, and click the OK button. See screenshot:
4. Close the message.
Note: If you have checked the Tell me if recall succeeds or fails for each recipient option, and the recipients have not read this email in their Outlook, this email will be recalled, and you will receive recall notifications as below screenshot shown:
- Auto CC/BCC by rules when sending email; Auto Forward Multiple Emails by custom; Auto Reply without exchange server, and more automatic features...
- BCC Warning - show message when you try to reply all if your mail address is in the BCC list; Remind When Missing Attachments, and more remind features...
- Reply (All) With All Attachments in the mail conversation; Reply Many Emails in seconds; Auto Add Greeting when reply; Add Date into subject...
- Attachment Tools: Manage All Attachments in All Mails, Auto Detach, Compress All, Rename All, Save All... Quick Report, Count Selected Mails...
- Powerful Junk Emails by custom; Remove Duplicate Mails and Contacts... Enable you to do smarter, faster and better in Outlook.