How to batch edit multiple contacts in Outlook?Generally speaking, it’s easy to edit one contact in Outlook. For example, you want to add company name for one contact, you can double click to open the contact, add the company name, and then save it. However, working goes boring if you need to add the same company name for multiple contacts. Actually, there is an incredibly simple solution that can add the same information for multiple contacts in bulk.
This method will guide you to add the same field content to multiple contacts in bulk in Outlook. Please do as follows:
1. Open the specified contact folder you will edit contacts, and change the view by clicking View > Change View > List.
2. Double click to open any one of contacts you will edit, edit it and click the Contact > Save & Close to save the changes.
Note: In my case, I add the company name for the contact in the Company field. See screenshot:
3. Now you return to the contact folder. Right click the Company column name, and select Group by Box from the right-clicking menu. See screenshot:
Note: If you add other filed content, you can group by this filed as follows: (1) Click View > View Settings; (2) In the Advanced Views Settings: List dialog box, click the Group by button; (3) In the Group by dialog box, select the field name from the Group items by drop down list; (4) Click OK buttons to save settings.
4. Select the contacts you will add the same field content in the Company: (none) group (or another column name as you need).
Note: Holding Ctrl key, you can select multiple nonadjacent contacts by clicking them one by one; holding the Shift key, you can select multiple adjacent contacts by clicking the first one and the last one.
5. Drag the selected contacts to the group name of Company: ABC (or another name as you need), release the mouse until the text of Change Company to ABC (it varies depending on your case) appears above the cursor.
Now the specified field content has been added to all contacts you moved above.
Best Office Productivity Tools
Kutools for Outlook - Over 100 Powerful Features to Supercharge Your Outlook
📧 Email Automation: Out of Office (Available for POP and IMAP) / Schedule Send Emails / Auto CC/BCC by Rules When Sending Email / Auto Forward (Advanced Rules) / Auto Add Greeting / Automatically Split Multi-Recipient Emails into Individual Messages ...
Over 100 Features Await Your Exploration! Click Here to Discover More.