How to export Outlook contacts by category to Excel or PST file?
For example, you have marked some special contacts with categories in Outlook, and now you want to export contacts by the categories, any idea to get it done? This article will introduce two solutions to export Outlook contacts by category to Excel or PST file.
For exporting contacts by category from Outlook to Excel, please do as follows:
1. In the People (or Contacts) view, select the contact folder, click View > Change View > List to show the folder in list view.
2. Go ahead to click View > Categories to group contacts by categories.
3. Find out the specified category group you will export, right click the category group name, and select Copy from the context menu. See screenshot:
4. Launcher Excel, select a blank cell, and press Ctrl + V keys to paste the contacts.
Note: If you want to export contacts by several categories, please repeat above Step 3-4 to export each category group of contacts one by one.
5. And finally save the workbook.
For exporting contacts by category as a PST file in Outlook, please do as follows:
1. Click File > Open & Export > Import/Export (or File > Open > Import).
2. In the Import and Export Wizard, please click to select Export to a file option, and click the Next button.
3. In the Export to a File dialog box, please click to select the Outlook Data File (.pst) option, and click the Next button.
4. In the Export Outlook Data File dialog box, click to select the contact folder whose contacts you will export, and click the Filter button.
5. In the Filter dialog box, please go to the More Choices tab, type the specified category name into the Categories box, and then click the OK button and Next button successively.
Notes: If you want to export contacts marked with any one of specified categories, or contacts marked with several categories simultaneously, I recommend you to enable the Query Builder tab with Kutools > Options, and then specify the filter criteria as following screenshot shown:
6. In the other Export Outlook Data File dialog box, please click the Browse button to specify a PST file you will export the contacts to, check the Do not export duplicate items option, and click the Finish button. See screenshot:
7. In the Create Outlook Data File dialog box, please click the OK button directly to close it.
Note: If you want to protect the exported PST file with password, please type your password into both Password and Verify Password boxes, and then click the OK button.
Recommended Productivity Tools
- Complicated and repeated operations can be done a one-time processing in seconds.
- Forward multiple emails individually with one-click, and auto forward by rules.
- Auto CC/BCC every sending email and easy for customizing rules, and auto reply without requiring exchange server.
- Powerful junk emails filter, remove duplicate emails, reply with attachment, bunch of one-click operations, and so on...
- 60-day unlimited free trial. 60-day money back guarantee. 2 years free upgrade and support. Buy once, use forever.
You are guest ( Sign Up? )
or post as a guest, but your post won't be published automatically.
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 2 years ago"Export Outlook contacts by category to Excel" Using concatenated "Home Address" does not format correctly during paste into excel spreadsheet. Using the individual components i.e. street, city, zip, etc. allowed the paste to work correctly. This method populated extra empty rows which could be deleted easily. However, all the columns had the correct data fields in the spreadsheet.