How to delete email address history from Auto-Complete List in Outlook?
Outlook will automatically remember and save the email addresses you typed in the To/Cc/Bcc field, and pop out email address history list when you entering related recipients in future. However, sometimes you want to delete some or all email addresses from the history list. There are two solutions for you:
If you need to remove just one or several email addresses from the Auto-Complete list in Outlook, please do as follows:
1. Create Home > New Email to create a new email.
2. In the new Message window, please type the first one or several characters of the specified email address in the To/Cc/Bcc field. See screenshot below:
3. Now the email address history list pops out. Please move the mouse over the specified email address you will delete, and then click the Delete button to remove it. See screenshot above.
Now the specified email address is removed from the email address list.
If you need to delete all email addresses from the email address history, you can empty the Auto-Complete List as follows:
1. Click File > Options.
2. In the Outlook Options dialog box, please click Mail in the left bar, and then click the Empty Auto-Complete List button in the Send messages section. See screenshot:
3. In the Microsoft Outlook dialog box, please click the Yes button to go ahead.
4. Click the OK button in the Outlook Options to save the changes.
Now all email addresses history is removed completely, and no email address is reserved in the Auto-Complete List.
- Auto CC/BCC by rules when sending email; Auto Forward Multiple Emails by custom; Auto Reply without exchange server, and more automatic features...
- BCC Warning - show message when you try to reply all if your mail address is in the BCC list; Remind When Missing Attachments, and more remind features...
- Reply (All) With All Attachments in the mail conversation; Reply Many Emails in seconds; Auto Add Greeting when reply; Add Date into subject...
- Attachment Tools: Manage All Attachments in All Mails, Auto Detach, Compress All, Rename All, Save All... Quick Report, Count Selected Mails...
- Powerful Junk Emails by custom; Remove Duplicate Mails and Contacts... Enable you to do smarter, faster and better in Outlook.
You are guest ( Sign Up? )
or post as a guest, but your post won't be published automatically.
- To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 1 years agosure wish this worked for me....I can't permanently delete a contact from my e-mail.....I can delete it, then it populates right back again......where are all the old e-mail contacts stored so I can delete them......