How to clear autocomplete cache in Outlook?
When you type a letter/character in the To/Cc/Bcc field in Message window in Outlook, it automatically displays a drop down list with all contacts beginning with the letter/character as below screen shot shown. That’s the autocomplete cache. Sometimes, the autocomplete cache may be annoyed and you need to clear them. In this article we provide three workarounds to clear autocomplete cache easily in Outlook.
- Automate emailing with Auto CC/BCC, Auto Forward by rules; send Auto Reply (Out of Office) without requiring an exchange server...
- Get reminders like BCC Warning when replying to all while you're in the BCC list, and Remind When Missing Attachments for forgotten attachments...
- Improve email efficiency with Reply (All) With Attachments, Auto Add Greeting or Date & Time into Signature or Subject, Reply Multiple Emails...
- Streamline emailing with Recall Emails, Attachment Tools (Compress All, Auto Save All...), Remove Duplicates, and Quick Report...
If you just need to clear specified autocomplete cache in Outlook, please do as follows:
1. Shift to the Mail view, and click Home > New Email to create a new email.
2. In the To filed, please type the letter/character that the specified autocomplete cache begins with to display the autocomplete cache list.
3. Move the cursor over the specified autocomplete cache, and then click the right close button to remove it. See screenshot above:
4. Close the new email without saving.
Now the specified autocomplete cache has been cleared.
For clearing all autocomplete cache in Microsoft Outlook, please do as follows:
1. Click File > Options to open the Outlook Options dialog box.
2. In the Outlook Options dialog box, please click Mail in the left bar, and then click the Empty Auto-Complete List button in the Send messages section. See screenshot:
3. Now a dialog box comes out and asks for your confirmation of emptying Auto-Complete list, please click the Yes button to go ahead.
4. Click the OK button in the Outlook Options dialog box.
And now all autocomplete cache has been cleared from Microsoft Outlook.
Note: The autocomplete cache list will display again after typing emails in the To/Cc/Bcc field in Outlook.
Actually, you can apply the Run command to quickly clear all autocomplete cache when opening the Microsoft Outlook.
1. Press Win + R keys to open the Run dialog box.
2. In the opening Run dialog box, please type Outlook.exe /CleanAutoCompleteCacheinto the Open box, and click the OK button.
And now the Microsoft Outlook is opened with all autocomplete cache cleared.
Best Office Productivity Tools
Kutools for Outlook - Over 100 Powerful Features to Supercharge Your Outlook
📧 Email Automation: Out of Office (Available for POP and IMAP) / Schedule Send Emails / Auto CC/BCC by Rules When Sending Email / Auto Forward (Advanced Rules) / Auto Add Greeting / Automatically Split Multi-Recipient Emails into Individual Messages ...
Over 100 Features Await Your Exploration! Click Here to Discover More.