How to clear autocomplete cache in Outlook?
When you type a letter/character in the To/Cc/Bcc field in Message window in Outlook, it automatically displays a drop down list with all contacts beginning with the letter/character as below screen shot shown. That’s the autocomplete cache. Sometimes, the autocomplete cache may be annoyed and you need to clear them. In this article we provide three workarounds to clear autocomplete cache easily in Outlook.
Office Tab: Enable Tabbed Editing and Browsing in Office, Just Like Chrome, Firefox, IE 8/9/10.
Classic Menu: Bring Old Menus and Toolbars Back to Office 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016 and 2019.
If you just need to clear specified autocomplete cache in Outlook, please do as follows:
1. Shift to the Mail view, and click Home > New Email to create a new email.
2. In the To filed, please type the letter/character that the specified autocomplete cache begins with to display the autocomplete cache list.
3. Move the cursor over the specified autocomplete cache, and then click the right close button to remove it. See screenshot above:
4. Close the new email without saving.
Now the specified autocomplete cache has been cleared.
For clearing all autocomplete cache in Microsoft Outlook, please do as follows:
1. Click File > Options to open the Outlook Options dialog box.
2. In the Outlook Options dialog box, please click Mail in the left bar, and then click the Empty Auto-Complete List button in the Send messages section. See screenshot:
3. Now a dialog box comes out and asks for your confirmation of emptying Auto-Complete list, please click the Yes button to go ahead.
4. Click the OK button in the Outlook Options dialog box.
And now all autocomplete cache has been cleared from Microsoft Outlook.
Note: The autocomplete cache list will display again after typing emails in the To/Cc/Bcc field in Outlook.
Actually, you can apply the Run command to quickly clear all autocomplete cache when opening the Microsoft Outlook.
1. Press Win + R keys to open the Run dialog box.
2. In the opening Run dialog box, please type Outlook.exe /CleanAutoCompleteCacheinto the Open box, and click the OK button.
And now the Microsoft Outlook is opened with all autocomplete cache cleared.
Recommended Productivity Tools
- Complicated and repeated operations can be done a one-time processing in seconds.
- Forward multiple emails individually with one-click, and auto forward by rules.
- Auto CC/BCC every sending email and easy for customizing rules, and auto reply without requiring exchange server.
- Powerful junk emails filter, remove duplicate emails, reply with attachment, bunch of one-click operations, and so on...
- 60-day unlimited free trial. 60-day money back guarantee. 2 years free upgrade and support. Buy once, use forever.