How to clear autocomplete cache in Outlook?
When you type a letter/character in the To/Cc/Bcc field in Message window in Outlook, it automatically displays a drop down list with all contacts beginning with the letter/character as below screen shot shown. That’s the autocomplete cache. Sometimes, the autocomplete cache may be annoyed and you need to clear them. In this article we provide three workarounds to clear autocomplete cache easily in Outlook.
- Auto CC/BCC by rules when sending email; Auto Forward Multiple Emails by rules; Auto Reply without exchange server, and more automatic features...
- BCC Warning - show message when you try to reply all if your mail address is in the BCC list; Remind When Missing Attachments, and more remind features...
- Reply (All) With All Attachments in the mail conversation; Reply Many Emails at once; Auto Add Greeting when reply; Auto Add Date&Time into subject...
- Attachment Tools: Auto Detach, Compress All, Rename All, Auto Save All... Quick Report, Count Selected Mails, Remove Duplicate Mails and Contacts...
- More than 100 advanced features will solve most of your problems in Outlook 2010-2019 and 365. Full features 60-day free trial.
If you just need to clear specified autocomplete cache in Outlook, please do as follows:
1. Shift to the Mail view, and click Home > New Email to create a new email.
2. In the To filed, please type the letter/character that the specified autocomplete cache begins with to display the autocomplete cache list.
3. Move the cursor over the specified autocomplete cache, and then click the right close button to remove it. See screenshot above:
4. Close the new email without saving.
Now the specified autocomplete cache has been cleared.
For clearing all autocomplete cache in Microsoft Outlook, please do as follows:
1. Click File > Options to open the Outlook Options dialog box.
2. In the Outlook Options dialog box, please click Mail in the left bar, and then click the Empty Auto-Complete List button in the Send messages section. See screenshot:
3. Now a dialog box comes out and asks for your confirmation of emptying Auto-Complete list, please click the Yes button to go ahead.
4. Click the OK button in the Outlook Options dialog box.
And now all autocomplete cache has been cleared from Microsoft Outlook.
Note: The autocomplete cache list will display again after typing emails in the To/Cc/Bcc field in Outlook.
Actually, you can apply the Run command to quickly clear all autocomplete cache when opening the Microsoft Outlook.
1. Press Win + R keys to open the Run dialog box.
2. In the opening Run dialog box, please type Outlook.exe /CleanAutoCompleteCacheinto the Open box, and click the OK button.
And now the Microsoft Outlook is opened with all autocomplete cache cleared.
- Auto CC/BCC by rules when sending email; Auto Forward Multiple Emails by custom; Auto Reply without exchange server, and more automatic features...
- Reply (All) With All Attachments in the mail conversation; Reply Many Emails in seconds; Auto Add Greeting when reply; Add Date into subject...
- Attachment Tools: Manage All Attachments in All Mails, Auto Detach, Compress All, Rename All, Save All... Quick Report, Count Selected Mails...
- Powerful Junk Emails by custom; Remove Duplicate Mails and Contacts... Enable you to do smarter, faster and better in Outlook.