How to compress images before sending email in Outlook?
While sending emails with some large images, you may want to compress the sizes of images for saving sending time and space, but how can you compress the images before sending emails in Outlook?
In this method, I introduce one option which can compress size of images to maximum size of 1024X768 pixels.
1. In the Message window, after inserting the image attachments, click File. See screenshot:
2. Check Resize large images when I send this message option in Info section.
3. Click the Message tab to return to the message. Compose the message and click the Send button to send it.
Then the Images will be compressed to be maximum of 1024X768 pixels.
The second method, you can use the context menu.
1. Select the images you want to send in the specified folder, right click to display context menu.
2. Then in the context menu, click Send to > Mail recipient. See screenshot:
3. In the Attach Files dialog, select the size you need from the drop-down list of Picture size. See screenshot:
4. Click Attach, then all resized images are added in a new message window as attachments. Please compose the email, and click the Send button.
If you want to automatically compress images when sending emails, you can apply Kutools for Outlook’s Auto Compress utility.
|Kutools for Outlook, Includes
100 powerful features and tools for Microsoft Outlook 2016, 2013, 2010 and Office 365.
Free install Kutools for Outlook, and then do as below steps:
1. Click Kutools > Options in the Attachments group, see screenshot:
2. In the Attachment options dialog, under the General tab, check the Process picture Attachment option, then in the Folder and Message for managing section, check the forlders you apply this option.
3. Then under the Compress tab, check the Automatically compress attachments before sending emails option. See screenshot:
4. Click Ok. Now all attachments including images will be compressed while sending emails.
Note: This Auto Compress feature will automatically compress all attachments including image attachments to .zip files.
- Auto CC/BCC by rules when sending email; Auto Forward Multiple Emails by custom; Auto Reply without exchange server, and more automatic features...
- BCC Warning - show message when you try to reply all if your mail address is in the BCC list; Remind When Missing Attachments, and more remind features...
- Reply (All) With All Attachments in the mail conversation; Reply Many Emails in seconds; Auto Add Greeting when reply; Add Date into subject...
- Attachment Tools: Manage All Attachments in All Mails, Auto Detach, Compress All, Rename All, Save All... Quick Report, Count Selected Mails...
- Powerful Junk Emails by custom; Remove Duplicate Mails and Contacts... Enable you to do smarter, faster and better in Outlook.