How to display total number of messages in one folder or all folders in Outlook?
Generally speaking, every folder in Outlook only displays the number of unread emails, but if you want to display the total number of messages in one folder or all folders as below screenshot shown, how can you do? In this article, I introduce some tricks on solving this in Outlook.
In Outlook, if you want to count the total number of a folder, you can go to the Properties dialog to check one option.
1. Right click at the folder you use, and select Properties form context menu.
2. In the Inbox Properties dialog, check Show total number of items under General tab.
3. Click OK. Now the total number of messages has been displayed beside the specified folder on the Navigation Pane.
If you want to display total numbers of messages in all folders in Outlook, you can use Kutools for Outlook’s Option or Statistics Report to quickly solve.
|Kutools for Outlook , Includes 100 powerful features and tools for Microsoft Outlook 2016, 2013, 2010 and Office 365. |
Free install Kutools for Outlook, and then do as below steps:
Display total number of messages in each folder
Click Kutools Plus > Show Number of Items > All Folders Show Total Number of Items.
All folders in Outlook will display total numbers of items.
Display total number of messages by today/week/month
Kutools for Outlook’s Statistics report can count messages by week, today, folders or selected emails.
1. Click Kutools Plus > Statistics.
2. In the Statistic dialog, check the folders you want to count the items and other settings.
3. Click Ok. The report has been created.
- Auto CC/BCC by rules when sending email; Auto Forward Multiple Emails by custom; Auto Reply without exchange server, and more automatic features...
- BCC Warning - show message when you try to reply all if your mail address is in the BCC list; Remind When Missing Attachments, and more remind features...
- Reply (All) With All Attachments in the mail conversation; Reply Many Emails in seconds; Auto Add Greeting when reply; Add Date into subject...
- Attachment Tools: Manage All Attachments in All Mails, Auto Detach, Compress All, Rename All, Save All... Quick Report, Count Selected Mails...
- Powerful Junk Emails by custom; Remove Duplicate Mails and Contacts... Enable you to do smarter, faster and better in Outlook.