How to display total number of messages in one folder or all folders in Outlook?
Generally speaking, every folder in Outlook only displays the number of unread emails, but if you want to display the total number of messages in one folder or all folders as below screenshot shown, how can you do? In this article, I introduce some tricks on solving this in Outlook.
Office Tab: Enable Tabbed Editing and Browsing in Office, Just Like Chrome, Firefox, IE 8/9/10.
Classic Menu: Bring Old Menus and Toolbars Back to Office 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016 and 2019.
In Outlook, if you want to count the total number of a folder, you can go to the Properties dialog to check one option.
1. Right click at the folder you use, and select Properties form context menu.
2. In the Inbox Properties dialog, check Show total number of items under General tab.
3. Click OK. Now the total number of messages has been displayed beside the specified folder on the Navigation Pane.
If you want to display total numbers of messages in all folders in Outlook, you can use Kutools for Outlook’s Option or Statistics Report to quickly solve.
|Kutools for Outlook , Includes 20+ powerful features and tools for Microsoft Outlook 2016, 2013, 2010 and Office 365.
Free install Kutools for Outlook, and then do as below steps:
Display total number of messages in each folder
Click Kutools > Options > Show Number of Items > All Folders Show Total Number of Items.
All folders in Outlook will display total numbers of items.
Display total number of messages by today/week/month
Kutools for Outlook’s Statistics report can count messages by week, today, folders or selected emails.
1. Click Kutools > Statistics.
2. In the Statistic dialog, check the folders you want to count the items.
3. Click Ok. The report has been created.
Recommended Productivity Tools
- Complicated and repeated operations can be done a one-time processing in seconds.
- Forward multiple emails individually with one-click, and auto forward by rules.
- Auto CC/BCC every sending email and easy for customizing rules, and auto reply without requiring exchange server.
- Powerful junk emails filter, remove duplicate emails, reply with attachment, bunch of one-click operations, and so on...
- 60-day unlimited free trial. 60-day money back guarantee. 2 years free upgrade and support. Buy once, use forever.