How to auto highlight emails based on age in Outlook?
If there are thousands of emails in your Inbox folder, now, you want to highlight emails based on their ages, which means to make the emails stand out by how long the emails have been in the mailbox. This article, I will talk about how to deal with this job in Outlook.
For example, I need to highlight the emails that are 10 to 20 days older, please do as this:
1. Launch the Outlook, and then click View > Change View > Manage Views, see screenshot:
2. Then a Manage All Views dialog box is popped out, click New button to go the Create a New View dialog, in the Create a New View dialog box, type a name for this new view in the Name of new view text box, and then select All Mail and Post folders from the Can be used on section, see screenshot:
3. And then click OK button to go to another Advanced View Settings dialog box, click Conditional Formatting button, see screenshot:
4. In the popped out Conditional Formatting dialog box, click Add button, and then specify a name for this rule into the Name text box, and the rule name will be added into the Rules for this view list box automatically, see screenshot:
5. Then click Font button in this Conditional Formatting dialog, and a Font dialog box will be displayed, then you can set the font format for highlighting emails as you need, see screenshot:
6. Click OK to go back the Conditional Formatting dialog, go on clicking Condition button to go to the Filter dialog box, in the Filter dialog box, please do the following operations:
(1.) Click Advanced tab;
(2.) Then select Frequently-used fields > Received from the Field drop down list;
(3.) And then choose between in the Condition drop down;
(4.) At last, enter 10 days ago and 20 days ago which you want to highlight the emails based on date range into the Value text box.
7. Then click Add to list button to add this criterion into the Find items that match these criteria list box.
8. And click OK to close all dialog boxes one by one.
9. Now, click View > Change View > View by mail age to change the view to your new created view, and all the specific emails, which are10 to 20 days older have been highlighted at once. See screenshot:
1. From now on, the highlighted emails will be changed based on their age automatically.
2. This method is applied to all email accounts in your outlook except IMAP email account.
- Auto CC/BCC by rules when sending email; Auto Forward Multiple Emails by custom; Auto Reply without exchange server, and more automatic features...
- BCC Warning - show message when you try to reply all if your mail address is in the BCC list; Remind When Missing Attachments, and more remind features...
- Reply (All) With All Attachments in the mail conversation; Reply Many Emails in seconds; Auto Add Greeting when reply; Add Date into subject...
- Attachment Tools: Manage All Attachments in All Mails, Auto Detach, Compress All, Rename All, Save All... Quick Report, Count Selected Mails...
- Powerful Junk Emails by custom; Remove Duplicate Mails and Contacts... Enable you to do smarter, faster and better in Outlook.