How to reduce pst file size in Outlook?
If you have hundreds or thousands of emails or attachments in Outlook, the pst file will be so huge to make the Outlook corruption sometimes. For preventing this case, you can reduce the size of pst file in Outlook.
remove all duplicate contacts from one or multiple contacts folders in outlook
|In sometimes, we may repeatly add the same contacts, how can remove the duplicate contacts from one or multiple contacts folders? Kutools for Outlook's Duplicate Contacts function can quickly remove or merge duplicate contacts based on emails, full name or other criteria from one or more contacts folders . Click for 45 days free trial!|
|Kutools for Outlook: with dozens of handy Outlook add-ins, free to try with no limitation in 45 days.|
Office Tab: Enable Tabbed Editing and Browsing in Office, Just Like Chrome, Firefox, IE 8/9/10.
Classic Menu: Bring Old Menus and Toolbars Back to Office 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016 and 2019.
In Outlook, you can reduce the pst file size through some methods.
Compact file data
1. Click File > Info, then click Account Settings > Account Settings.
2. In the Account Settings dialog, under Data Files tab, double click at the account you want to compact, then in the popping Outlook Data File Settings dialog, click Compact Now.
3. Then after compacting, click OK > Close.
Clean deleted items folder
4. Then go back to click File > Info, select an account, and click Cleanup Tools (or Tools)> Empty Deleted Items Folder.
5. Click Yes to continue empty.
Note: If you want to archive the deleted items, before emptying deleted items, you can do as these:
1. Click File > Info, select an account, click Cleanup Tools > Archive (or Tools > Clean Up Old Items).
2. In the Archive dialog, check Archive this folder and all subfolders, and select the folder you want to archive, browse a folder to save the archive file.
3. Click OK.
Kutools for Outlook
More than 100 Advanced Functions for Outlook 2010, 2013, 2016, 2019 and 365