How to convert a message to eml file in Outlook?
In Outlook, you can save the message as text, html format. But have you ever tried to convert a message to an eml file? Here, I introduce a round-way to solve it.
To convert message to eml file, you only can use the Save As function.
1. Select a message you want to convert, click File > Save As, then select Text Only from Save as type drop down list, and specify a location to save it in Save As dialog.
2. Click Save, then open the text file you save, click File > Save As.
3. In the Save As dialog, select All Files from Save as type drop down list, then add .eml to the end of the file name.
4. Click Save. Now the message has been converted to eml file.
Save or Export Multiple emails to other fomat files(PDF/HTML/WORD/EXCEL) in Outlook
|Sometimes, you may want to save or export the emails to a folder as other format files, such as PDF, Word or Excel files in Outlook. In Outlook, neither of the Save as and Export function can handle this job. However, Kutools for Outlook's Save as file utility can export multiple emails to a folder as files with multiple formats at once time . Click for 60 days free trial!|
|Kutools for Outlook: with dozens of handy Outlook add-ins, free to try with no limitation in 60 days.|
- Auto CC/BCC by rules when sending email; Auto Forward Multiple Emails by custom; Auto Reply without exchange server, and more automatic features...
- BCC Warning - show message when you try to reply all if your mail address is in the BCC list; Remind When Missing Attachments, and more remind features...
- Reply (All) With All Attachments in the mail conversation; Reply Many Emails in seconds; Auto Add Greeting when reply; Add Date into subject...
- Attachment Tools: Manage All Attachments in All Mails, Auto Detach, Compress All, Rename All, Save All... Quick Report, Count Selected Mails...
- Powerful Junk Emails by custom; Remove Duplicate Mails and Contacts... Enable you to do smarter, faster and better in Outlook.
You are guest
or post as a guest, but your post won't be published automatically.
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 3 months agoIt is not correct solution, because in this case will be contain file only Body. There is no header...
To post as a guest, your comment is unpublished.· 5 months agoThis does not preserve any email headers. The output might be plaintext message. But it is not eml file. A real eml file includes all mail headers, attachments etc.