Outlook: How to create a link for a specific email thread
In this tutorial, it introduces how to create a link for a specific email thread to an email in Web Outlook or Microsoft Outlook.
Note: The methods provided in the tutorial are operated in Outlook 2021, if you are in other versions, there may be some differences in steps.
To create a link for a specific email thread to an email in Outlook.com is very simple.
In the new message you created, select the email thread you want to add, then drag it to the body of the message until the “Drop message here” appears, leave the thread, then the email thread will be inserted as an attachment in the message.
If you are in Microsoft Outlook, please follow the below steps to insert an email thread.
1. Create a new email and click Insert > Outlook Item.
2. In the Insert Item window, choose the folder and the email item you want to insert, then you can specify the type of email (text or attachment) you insert. Then click OK.
Insert as text
Insert as attachment
- Auto CC/BCC by rules when sending email; Auto Forward Multiple Emails by custom; Auto Reply without exchange server, and more automatic features...
- BCC Warning - show message when you try to reply all if your mail address is in the BCC list; Remind When Missing Attachments, and more remind features...
- Reply (All) With All Attachments in the mail conversation; Reply Many Emails in seconds; Auto Add Greeting when reply; Add Date into subject...
- Attachment Tools: Manage All Attachments in All Mails, Auto Detach, Compress All, Rename All, Save All... Quick Report, Count Selected Mails...
- Powerful Junk Emails by custom; Remove Duplicate Mails and Contacts... Enable you to do smarter, faster and better in Outlook.