How to count number of words per page in Word document?
As we know, we can count the number of words of the whole document in Word by applying its Word Count utility. But how can you count the number of words in the active page only? In this tutorial, I introduce some tricks to handle this job.
1. Select the active document by cursor, then click Review > Word Count.
2. In the Word Count dialog, the number of words in the active document has been counted.
In Word, there is no built-in function to count words in active page only, except the VBA code.
1.Place the cursor at the page you want to count words, press Alt + F11 keys to open the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window.
2. Click Insert > Module, copy and paste below code to the Module script.
VBA: Count number of words in active page
Sub GetWordsCount_ActivePage() 'UpdatebyExtendoffice20180829 Dim xWord As Long xWord = ActiveDocument.Bookmarks("\Page").Range.ComputeStatistics(wdStatisticWords) MsgBox "The number of words of atcive page: " & xWord, vbInformation, "Kutools for Word" End
3. Press F5 key, then a message box pops out to tell you the number of words in the active page.
Tabbed browsing & editing multiple Word documents/Excel workbooks as Firefox, Chrome, Internet Explore 10!
You may be familiar to view multiple webpages in Firefox/Chrome/IE, and switch between them by clicking corresponding tabs easily. Here, Office Tab supports similar processing, which allow you to browse multiple Word documents or Excel workbooks in one Word window or Excel window, and easily switch between them by clicking their tabs.
Recommended Word Productivity Tools
- Complicated and repeated operations can be done one-time processing in seconds.
- Insert multiple images across folders into Word document at once.
- Merge and combine multiple Word files across folders into one with your desired order.
- Split the current document into separate documents according to heading, section break or other criteria.
- Convert files between Doc and Docx, Docx and PDF, collection of tools for common conversions and selection, and so on...