Quickly remove the horizontal lines in the header of a Word document
Kutools for Word
If you have created a header with horizontal lines in a document, there is no built-in function in Word can help you remove the lines. But with the Clear Header Lines utility of Kutools for Word, you can easily remove all horizontal lines from current document header and keep only the header content with several clicks.
Please do as follows to remove the horizontal lines in the header of a document.
1. Open the Word document you want to remove the horizontal lines in the header, then click Kutools > Remove > Clear Header Lines. See screenshot:
2. In the opening Kutools for Word dialog, click Yes to start removing header lines.
3. Then another Kutools for Word dialog pops up to inform you of the successful removing, click OK to close it.
Now, all horizontal lines are removed from the header of the current document as below screenshot shown.
Kutools for Word includes more than 100 powerful features and tools for Microsoft Word. Free to try with no limitation in 30 days. Download the free trial now!
Recommended Word Productivity Tools
- Complicated and repeated operations can be done one-time processing in seconds.
- Insert multiple images across folders into Word document at once.
- Merge and combine multiple Word files across folders into one with your desired order.
- Split the current document into separate documents according to heading, section break or other criteria.
- Convert files between Doc and Docx, Docx and PDF, collection of tools for common conversions and selection, and so on...