How to print word document without header and footer?
If there are header and footer in your Word document, when printing this document, the header and footer will be printed as well by default. But, sometimes, you needn’t the header and footer to be printed . In this case, the method in this article may help you.
To print the Word file without header and footer, the following VBA code can do you a favor, please do as this:
1. Hold down the ALT + F11 keys to open the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window.
2. And then, click Insert > Module, copy and paste below code into the opened blank module:
VBA code:Print Word document without header and footer:
Sub PrintDocWithoutHeaderFooter() Call SetHeaderAndFooter(True) Options.PrintHiddenText = False Dialogs(wdDialogFilePrint).Show Call SetHeaderAndFooter(False) End Sub Sub SetHeaderAndFooter(xBool As Boolean) Dim xSel As Selection For Each s In ActiveDocument.Sections s.Headers(wdHeaderFooterEvenPages).Range.Font.Hidden = xBool s.Headers(wdHeaderFooterFirstPage).Range.Font.Hidden = xBool s.Headers(wdHeaderFooterPrimary).Range.Font.Hidden = xBool s.Footers(wdHeaderFooterEvenPages).Range.Font.Hidden = xBool s.Footers(wdHeaderFooterFirstPage).Range.Font.Hidden = xBool s.Footers(wdHeaderFooterPrimary).Range.Font.Hidden = xBool Next s End Sub
3. After inserting the above code, please press F5 key to run it, and a Print dialog box will be popped out, then you should configure the print settings to your need, see screenshot:
4. And then, click OK to start printing, the document will be printed without the header and footer at once.
Recommended Word Productivity Tools
- Complicated and repeated operations can be done one-time processing in seconds.
- Insert multiple images across folders into Word document at once.
- Merge and combine multiple Word files across folders into one with your desired order.
- Split the current document into separate documents according to heading, section break or other criteria.
- Convert files between Doc and Docx, Docx and PDF, collection of tools for common conversions and selection, and so on...