How to convert number to words in Word document?
This article is talking about the method on converting the numbers to English words in Word document, please go on to view the details if you are interested in.
Easily Split one word document into multiple
|Generally, we use copy and paste to split a Word document one by one, but the Split Documnet utility can split a Word document based on page, heading1, page break or section break, which will improve the work efficience . Click for 45 days free trial!|
|Kutools for Word: with hundreds handy Word add-ins, free to try with no limitation in 45 days.|
1. Select the number you want to convert to words, press Alt + F11 keys to open Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window.
2. Click Insert > Module, and copy below codes and paste them to the Module script.
VBA: Convert number to words
Sub ConvertNumberToWord() 'UpdatebyExtendoffice20181010 Dim xDigit As Double Dim xBuff As String On Error Resume Next Selection.MoveLeft wdWord, 1, wdMove Selection.MoveRight wdWord, 1, wdExtend xDigit = Val(Trim(Selection.Text)) If xDigit = 0 And Str(xDigit) <> Trim(Selection.Text) Then Exit Sub If xDigit > 999999 Then If xDigit <= 999999999 Then xBuff = Trim(Int(Str(xDigit / 1000000))) Selection.Fields.Add Selection.Range, wdFieldEmpty, "= " + xBuff + " \* CardText", True Selection.MoveLeft wdWord, 1, wdExtend xBuff = Selection.Text & " million " xDigit = Right(Str(xDigit), 6) End If End If If xDigit <= 999999 Then Selection.Fields.Add Selection.Range, wdFieldEmpty, "= " + Str(xDigit) + " \* CardText", True Selection.MoveLeft wdWord, 1, wdExtend xDigit = xBuff & Selection.Text Selection.TypeText xDigit + " " Else MsgBox "Number too large", vbOKOnly, "Kutool for Word" End If End Sub
3. Press F5 key to run the code, now the number has been converted to words.
Note： The code only work at one number each time.
Tabbed browsing & editing multiple Word documents/Excel workbooks as Firefox, Chrome, Internet Explore 10!
You may be familiar to view multiple webpages in Firefox/Chrome/IE, and switch between them by clicking corresponding tabs easily. Here, Office Tab supports similar processing, which allow you to browse multiple Word documents or Excel workbooks in one Word window or Excel window, and easily switch between them by clicking their tabs.
Recommended Productivity Tools
- Complicated and repeated operations can be done a one-time processing in seconds.
- Insert multiple images across folders into Word document at once.
- Merge and combine multiple Word files across folders in to one with your desired order.
- Split the current document into separate documents according to heading 1, section break or other criteria.
- Convert files between Doc and Docx, Docx and PDF, collection of tools for common conversions and selection, and so on...