How to accept track changes from specific one user in Word document?
Supposing, you have a Word document that reviewed by multiple persons as following screenshot shown. Now, you just need to accept the track changes from one specific person. How could solve this task in Word document?
To accept the track changes from only one user, the Show Markup feature in Word can help you, please do as this:
1. Open the Word file contains the track changes, and then click Review > Show Markup > Specific People, and then uncheck All Reviewers to hide all reviews, see screenshot:
2. Then, go on clicking Show Markup > Specific People, and then check one reviewer whose track changes you want to accept, see screenshot:
3. And then, click Accept > Accept All Changes Shown, see screenshot:
4. Now, only the track changes from this specific person have been accepted, see screenshot:
5. At last, you should display the track changes from other reviewers, please click Show Markup > Specific People, check All Reviewers as following screenshot shown:
If the above method is some troublesome for you, here is a simple VBA code which also can do you a favor, please do with the following steps:
1. Hold down the ALT + F11 keys to open the Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window.
2. Click Insert > Module, and paste the following macro in the Module Window.
VBA code: Accept track changes from one user:
Sub Acceptoneuser() For Each xChange In ActiveDocument.Revisions If xChange.Author = "RubyMie" Then xChange.Accept End If Next End Sub
Note：In the above code, you should change the user name “RubyMie” to your name as you need.
3. Then, press F5 key to run this code, and only the track changes from the reviewer you specified in the code have been accepted, see screenshot:
Recommended Word Productivity Tools
- Complicated and repeated operations can be done one-time processing in seconds.
- Insert multiple images across folders into Word document at once.
- Merge and combine multiple Word files across folders into one with your desired order.
- Split the current document into separate documents according to heading, section break or other criteria.
- Convert files between Doc and Docx, Docx and PDF, collection of tools for common conversions and selection, and so on...