How to export selected pages to pdf in Word document?
As we known, the Word document can be saved as a PDF file. But in some cases, you may just want to export selected pages as PDF file, how can you do? In this article, I introduce some methods can solve this problem.
In Word, you can use its built-in Save As function to export selection as PDF file.
1. Select the contents you want to export as PDF, click File > Save As > Browse.
2. In the Save As dialog, select a folder and name for the new file, choose PDF in the Save as type drop-down list, then click Options.
3. In the Options dialog, check Selection option, click OK to go back to Save As dialog.
4. Click Save.
Kutools for Word: The Ultimate Writing Toolkit with 100+ Features!
📃 Document Integration: Split Pages / Merge Documents / Export Range in Various Formats (PDF/TXT/DOC/XLSX) / Batch Convert to PDF ...
Elevate your Word experience now! Free download now.👈
If you are familiar with macro code, you can try below VBA.
1. Select the contents you want to save as single PDF, press Alt + F11 key to open Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window.
2. Click Insert > Module, copy and paste below code to the Module script.
VBA: Export selection as PDF
Sub SavePartsOfDocumentToPDF() 'UpdatebyExtendoffice20181115 Dim xFolder As Variant Dim xDlg As FileDialog Dim xFileName As String Set xDlg = Application.FileDialog(msoFileDialogFolderPicker) If xDlg.Show <> -1 Then Exit Sub xFolder = xDlg.SelectedItems(1) xFileName = InputBox("Enter file name here:", "KuTools for Word") Selection.ExportAsFixedFormat xFolder & "\" & xFileName, wdExportFormatPDF, _ True, wdExportOptimizeForPrint, False, wdExportDocumentContent, True, True, wdExportCreateNoBookmarks, _ True, True, False End Sub
3. Press F5 key to run the code. In the popping out dialog, choose a folder to place the new file.
4. Click OK, a dialog pops out for you to name the file.
5. Click OK. The new file will be opened automatically after saved successfully.
Note: Your selected pages should be consecutive.
If you want to export selected pages to PDF or other file types, you can use the Export Range to File utility of Kutools for Word.
After installing Kutools for Word, please do as below:（Free Download Kutools for Word Now!)
1. Select the contents, click Kutools Plus > Export/Import > Export Range to File.
2. In the Export Range to File dialog, select a folder to save the pdf file in Save path section, then check PDF file or other type of file you need in File Type section, in File Options section, check the option as you need.
3. Click Ok. Name the pdf file in the popping up Kutools for Word dialog.
Then the selection has been exported as new PDF file.
Tip: the file will be automatically opened if you check the Open the file after exporting checkbox.
Best Office Productivity Tools
Kutools for Word - Elevate Your Word Experience with Over 100 Remarkable Features!
Dive into the highlighted features below or click here to explore the full power of Kutools for Word.
➕ Creative Inserts: Insert Thousand Separators / Check Boxes / Radio Buttons / QR Code / Barcode / Diagonal Line Table / Equation Caption / Image Caption / Table Caption / Multiple Pictures / Discover more in our Insert Group
Transform your Word tasks with Kutools. 👉 Download with 30-day trial Now 🚀.
Office Tab Brings Tabbed interface to Office, and Make Your Work Much Easier
- Enable tabbed interfaces for editing and reading in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, Visio, and Project.
- Open and create multiple documents in new tabs of the same window, rather than in new windows.
- Increases your productivity by 50%, and reduces hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day!