How to export selected pages to pdf in Word document?
As we known, the Word document can be saved as a PDF file. But in some cases, you may just want to export selected pages as PDF file, how can you do? In this article, I introduce some methods can solve this problem.
In Word, you can use its built-in Save As function to export selection as PDF file.
1. Select the contents you want to export as PDF, click File > Save As > Browse.
2. In the Save As dialog, select a folder and name for the new file, choose PDF in the Save as type drop-down list, then click Options.
3. In the Options dialog, check Selection option, click OK to go back to Save As dialog.
4. Click Save.
If you are familiar with macro code, you can try below VBA.
1. Select the contents you want to save as single PDF, press Alt + F11 key to open Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window.
2. Click Insert > Module, copy and paste below code to the Module script.
VBA: Export selection as PDF
Sub SavePartsOfDocumentToPDF() 'UpdatebyExtendoffice20181115 Dim xFolder As Variant Dim xDlg As FileDialog Dim xFileName As String Set xDlg = Application.FileDialog(msoFileDialogFolderPicker) If xDlg.Show <> -1 Then Exit Sub xFolder = xDlg.SelectedItems(1) xFileName = InputBox("Enter file name here:", "KuTools for Word") Selection.ExportAsFixedFormat xFolder & "\" & xFileName, wdExportFormatPDF, _ True, wdExportOptimizeForPrint, False, wdExportDocumentContent, True, True, wdExportCreateNoBookmarks, _ True, True, False End Sub
3. Press F5 key to run the code. In the popping out dialog, choose a folder to place the new file.
4. Click OK, a dialog pops out for you to name the file.
5. Click OK. The new file will be opened automatically after saved successfully.
Note: Your selected pages should be consecutive.
If you want to export selected pages to PDF or other file types, you can use the Export Range to File utility of Kutools for Word.
|Kutools for Word, with more than 100 handy functions, makes your jobs easier.|
After installing Kutools for Word, please do as below:（Free Download Kutools for Word Now!)
2. In the Export Range to File dialog, select a folder to save the pdf file in Save path section, then check PDF file or other type of file you need in File Type section, in File Options section, check the option as you need.
Then the selection has been exported as new PDF file.
Tip: the file will be automatically opened if you check the Open the file after exporting checkbox.
Tabbed browsing & editing multiple Word documents/Excel workbooks as Firefox, Chrome, Internet Explore 10!
You may be familiar to view multiple webpages in Firefox/Chrome/IE, and switch between them by clicking corresponding tabs easily. Here, Office Tab supports similar processing, which allow you to browse multiple Word documents or Excel workbooks in one Word window or Excel window, and easily switch between them by clicking their tabs.
Recommended Productivity Tools
- Complicated and repeated operations can be done a one-time processing in seconds.
- Insert multiple images across folders into Word document at once.
- Merge and combine multiple Word files across folders in to one with your desired order.
- Split the current document into separate documents according to heading 1, section break or other criteria.
- Convert files between Doc and Docx, Docx and PDF, collection of tools for common conversions and selection, and so on...