How to save selected pages/ranges as new document in Word?
In a Word document which contains dozens of pages, you may want to only save part of contents or selected pages as a new document, how can you solve it? Here, in this article, I introduce the ways on solving this job.
Generally, you can select the needed pages or ranges then copy and paste them as a new document, but here is a code also can help you save selected pages or ranges as new Word document.
1. Select the pages or contents you want to save as new one, press Alt + F11 key to enable Microsoft Visual Basic for Applications window.
2. Click Insert > Module, then copy and paste below code to the new Module script.
VBA: Save selection as new document
Sub SaveSelected() 'UpdatebyExtendoffice20181115 Selection.Copy Documents.Add , , wdNewBlankDocument Selection.Paste ActiveDocument.Save 'ActiveDocument.Close End Sub
3. Press F5 key to run the code, then the selection will be pasted to a new document, at the meantime, a dialog pops out to remind you save this new file in a folder as you need.
4. Name the new file and choose a folder to place it, click Save to finish.
With Kutools for Word’s Export Range to File utility, you can save part of document to a new one as Word file, PDF file, Text file or HTML file.
|Kutools for Word, with more than handy functions, makes your jobs easier.|
After installing Kutools for Word, please do as below:（Free Download Kutools for Word Now!)
2. In the Export Range to File dialog, select a path to save the new document in Save path section, then choose the file type you want to save as in File Type section, in File Options section, check the option as you need.
Then the selection has been saved as new document.
Tip: if you check Open the file after exporting checkbox, the new file will be opened after finishing exporting.
Tabbed browsing & editing multiple Word documents/Excel workbooks as Firefox, Chrome, Internet Explore 10!
You may be familiar to view multiple webpages in Firefox/Chrome/IE, and switch between them by clicking corresponding tabs easily. Here, Office Tab supports similar processing, which allow you to browse multiple Word documents or Excel workbooks in one Word window or Excel window, and easily switch between them by clicking their tabs.
Best Office Productivity Tools
Kutools for Word - Elevate Your Word Experience with Over 100 Remarkable Features!
Dive into the highlighted features below or click here to explore the full power of Kutools for Word.
➕ Creative Inserts: Insert Thousand Separators / Check Boxes / Radio Buttons / QR Code / Barcode / Diagonal Line Table / Equation Caption / Image Caption / Table Caption / Multiple Pictures / Discover more in our Insert Group
Transform your Word tasks with Kutools. 👉 Download with 30-day trial Now 🚀.