How to easily undo all changes in Word document?
How can you undo all changes in Word when you don’t apply all the changes you have done to the document? This tutorial will show you some tricky things to undo all changes and reload the document in Word.
Office Tab: Enable Tabbed Editing and Browsing in Office, Just Like Chrome, Firefox, IE 8/9/10.
Classic Menu for Office: Bring Old Look of Office 2003 Back to Office 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016 and 2019.
Amazing! Use Efficient Tabs in Word (Office) like Chrome, Firefox and New Internet Explorer!
Word provides users Undo function to undo actions.
Undo function in Word 2007:
Undo function in Word 2010:
Undo function in Word 2013.
Repeated click Undo icon to undo the changes until the document get back to the initial state.
Or click on the triangle next to the Undo icon, and select the point you’d like to return to from the drop down list:
TIP: Word 2007 can only undo up to 100 actions.
There are shortcuts to undo change in Microsoft Office Word.
Press Ctrl+Z to back up one change, repeated press to undo all changes until the document get back to the state you want. But obviously use keyboard shortcut to undo many changes will be really tedious.
If you have done too many changes to the document, neither clicking Undo icon nor pressing shortcut is suitable for this case. Reopen the document can be helpful.
Close the document without saving changes, click Don’t Save when the MS Word confirm your closing operation.
And then reopen the document, all the changes you have done before will gone.
Using Undo function, shortcut or reopen the document is not the best way to quickly undo all changes.
Kutools for Word provides a one-click way to undo all changes quickly in Word.
1. Please apply this utility by clicking Kutools > Reload. See screenshot:
2. After clicking Reload, there will be a window popping up to remind you about the save changes.
If you want to save the changes of the document, please click Save, if not, click Don’Save; if you want to stop this operation, click Cancel.
1. Reload function can only apply to the saved document and get the document back to the last saving status.
2. If there has no changes in the document, it will have no reaction after clicking Reload.
3. You don’t have to close and reopen the document, you just need to choose whether you want to reopen the document with changes or not, Kutools will do it quickly for you.
For more detailed information about Reload utility of Kutools for Word, please click here.
Kutools for Word
More than 100 Advanced Functions for Word 2003, 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016 and 2019