Excel GAMMALN function
The GAMMALN function returns the natural logarithm of the gamma function, Γ(n).
GAMMALN Function VS. GAMMALN.PRECISE Function
Starting from Excel 2010, the GAMMALN function has been replaced by the GAMMALN.PRECISE function. Although they can both be used to calculate the natural logarithm of the gamma function, the GAMMALN.PRECISE function is more recommended for future use, as it works more accurately.
x (required): The value for which you want to calculate GAMMALN.
1. The #VALUE! error occurs if x is nonnumeric;
2. The #NUM! error occurs if x ≤ 0;
3. The equation for the GAMMALN function is as follow:
It returns a numeric value.
To calculate the natural logarithm of the gamma function of the given values in the table below, you can apply the GAMMALN function as follows.
Select a cell (such as C6 in this case), enter the formula below and press the Enter key to get the first result. Select this formula cell and drag its AutoFill Handle down to get the rest of the results.
Notes: The argument in the formula above is supplied as a cell reference. You can directly type the value in the formula. Here the formula in C6 can be changed to:
The Best Office Productivity Tools
Would you like to complete your daily work quickly and perfectly? Kutools for Excel brings 300 powerful advanced features (Combine workbooks, sum by color, split cell contents, convert date, and so on...) and save 80% time for you.
- Designed for 1500 work scenarios, helps you solve 80% Excel problems.
- Reduce thousands of keyboard and mouse clicks every day, relieve your tired eyes and hands.
- Become an Excel expert in 3 minutes. No longer need to remember any painful formulas and VBA codes.
- 30-day unlimited free trial. 60-day money back guarantee. Free upgrade and support for 2 years.
- One second to switch between dozens of open documents!
- Reduce hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day, say goodbye to mouse hand.
- Increases your productivity by 50% when viewing and editing multiple documents.
- Brings Efficient Tabs to Office (include Excel), Just Like Chrome, Firefox, And New Internet Explorer.