Excel IFNA function
In Excel, the IFNA function returns a custom result when a formula generates the #N/A error, if no error is detected, the normal result will be returned.
The syntax for the IFERROR function in Excel is:
= IFNA(value, value_if_na)
- value: Required. The value, reference, or formula that is checked for an error.
- value_if_na: Required. The value returned if the formula is #N/A error value.
- 1. If value is empty, it is evaluated as an empty string ("").
- 2. If value_if_na is supplied as an empty string (""), a blank cell is displayed when an error is detected.
Returns the specific value for the #N/A errors.
In this example, we will use the IFNA function with a VLOOKUP function. If the lookup data is not found from the table, an error of #N/A is displayed, to fix the error value, you can combine the IFNA function.
Now, if you want to find the corresponding Order based on the Product, the normal Vlookup formulas can help you: =VLOOKUP(D2,$A$2:$B$8,2,FALSE), if the value not found from the vlookup table, an error value is returned.
To fix this #N/A error value, you can combine the IFNA function with the Vlookup formula as this:
The Best Office Productivity Tools
Would you like to complete your daily work quickly and perfectly? Kutools for Excel brings
300 powerful advanced features (Combine workbooks, sum by color, split cell contents, convert date, and so on...) and save
80% time for you.
- Designed for
1500 work scenarios, helps you solve
80% Excel problems.
- Reduce thousands of keyboard and mouse clicks every day, relieve your tired eyes and hands.
- Become an Excel expert in 3 minutes. No longer need to remember any painful formulas and VBA codes.
30-day unlimited free trial. 60-day money back guarantee. Free upgrade and support for 2 years.
- One second to switch between dozens of open documents!
- Reduce hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day, say goodbye to mouse hand.
- Increases your productivity by
50% when viewing and editing multiple documents.
- Brings Efficient Tabs to Office (include Excel), Just Like Chrome, Firefox, And New Internet Explorer.