Excel INTERCEPT Function
The INTERCEPT function calculates the point at which a linear regression line will intersect the y-axis by using the given x-values and y-values.
- known_ys (required): An array or cell reference to dependent variables (y-values).
- known_xs (required): An array or cell reference to independent variables (x-values).
The INTERCEPT function returns a numeric value.
- Arguments can be numbers, arrays, or references that contain numbers.
- INTERCEPT ignores blank cells, text and logical values in a reference argument.
- INTERCEPT ignores text and logical values in an array argument. However, if the two array arguments have different numbers of data points, the #N/A error value will be returned.
- If there are any error values in any of the arguments, INTERCEPT will return the first error value.
- The #DIV/0! error occurs if:
- The variance of the supplied known_xs equals to zero;
- Either of the supplied known_xs or known_ys arguments is empty.
Supposing you have a table with x- and y-values as shown below, to get the y-axis intercept value, please copy or enter the formula below in a blank cell, and press Enter to get the result:
Or, use cell references to make the formula dynamic:
Excel LINEST Function
The Excel LINEST function returns the statistic for a best fit straight line based on the supplied set of x value and y value by using the “least squares” method. The function returns an array of constant values.
The Best Office Productivity Tools
Would you like to complete your daily work quickly and perfectly? Kutools for Excel brings 300 powerful advanced features (Combine workbooks, sum by color, split cell contents, convert date, and so on...) and save 80% time for you.
- Designed for 1500 work scenarios, helps you solve 80% Excel problems.
- Reduce thousands of keyboard and mouse clicks every day, relieve your tired eyes and hands.
- Become an Excel expert in 3 minutes. No longer need to remember any painful formulas and VBA codes.
- 30-day unlimited free trial. 60-day money back guarantee. Free upgrade and support for 2 years.
- One second to switch between dozens of open documents!
- Reduce hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day, say goodbye to mouse hand.
- Increases your productivity by 50% when viewing and editing multiple documents.
- Brings Efficient Tabs to Office (include Excel), Just Like Chrome, Firefox, And New Internet Explorer.
Please leave your comments in English