Excel PERCENTILE.INC Function
The Excel PERCENTILE.INC function returns the k-th percentile of the values in a given range. The k is from 0 to 1, including 0 and 1.
- array (required): The array or range of data according to which to calculate the k-th percentile.
- k (required): The percentile value or a decimal value in the range from 0 to 1, including 0 and 1. For example, k=0.9 means to the 90th percentile of the values in array, meaning that 90% of values are less than or equal to the calculated result.
The PERCENTILE.INC function returns a numeric value.
- PERCENTILE.INC returns the #VALUE! error value if k is not numeric.
- PERCENTILE.INC returns the #NUM! error value if:
- k < 0 or k > 1;
- array is empty.
- If the requested quartile falls between two of the values in the array, PERCENTILE.INC will interpolate and return an intermediate value.
To get the 90th, 70th, 50th percentiles of the array as shown below, please copy or enter the formula below in the top cell F5, and press Enter to get the first result:
√ Note: The dollar signs ($) above indicate absolute references, which means the array argument in the formula won't change when you move or copy the formula to other cells. However, there are no dollar signs added to k since you want it to be dynamic. After entering the formula, drag the fill handle down to apply the formula to the below cells.
PERCENTILE.INC VS. PERCENTILE.EXC
- PERCENTILE.INC includes the full range of 0 to 1 as valid k values;
- PERCENTILE.EXC excludes percentages from 0 to 1/(n+1) and from n/(n+1) to 1 as k values, the n in which is the number of elements in array.
Excel PERCENTILE.EXC Function
The Excel PERCENTILE.EXC function returns the k-th percentile of the values in a given range. The k is from 1/(n+1) to n/(n+1), including, where n is the number of values in the range.
Excel SMALL Function
The Excel SMALL function returns the k-th smallest value (1st smallest value, 2nd smallest value, etc.) in an array or range of data.
Excel LARGE Function
The Excel LARGE function returns the k-th largest number in an array or range of data.
Excel RANK Function
The RANK function returns the rank of a number compared to other numbers in the same list. The same rank will be assigned to duplicate values in the list.
The Best Office Productivity Tools
Would you like to complete your daily work quickly and perfectly? Kutools for Excel brings 300 powerful advanced features (Combine workbooks, sum by color, split cell contents, convert date, and so on...) and save 80% time for you.
- Designed for 1500 work scenarios, helps you solve 80% Excel problems.
- Reduce thousands of keyboard and mouse clicks every day, relieve your tired eyes and hands.
- Become an Excel expert in 3 minutes. No longer need to remember any painful formulas and VBA codes.
- 30-day unlimited free trial. 60-day money back guarantee. Free upgrade and support for 2 years.
- One second to switch between dozens of open documents!
- Reduce hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day, say goodbye to mouse hand.
- Increases your productivity by 50% when viewing and editing multiple documents.
- Brings Efficient Tabs to Office (include Excel), Just Like Chrome, Firefox, And New Internet Explorer.
Please leave your comments in English