Excel SHEETS Function
The SHEETS function returns the number of sheets in a given reference.
The SHEETS function returns a numeric value.
- The SHEETS function includes hidden sheets in the calculation.
- The #REF! error value occurs if the supplied reference argument is not a valid reference.
- The SHEETS function can report sheet count in 3D references.
- The SHEETS function counts the number of sheets in a given reference. The SHEET function returns the numeric index of a sheet.
As the below screenshot shows, to calculate the number of sheets in different references, please do as follows:
1. To know the total number of sheets of the workbook, please copy the formula below into cell D5, then press the Enter key to get the result.
=SHEETS ( )
2.To know the rest of the results, please copy the formulas below into cell D6, D7, and D8, then press the Enter key to get the results.
=SHEETS (Sheet5!A1 )
=SHEETS (Sheet5:Sheet3!A1 )
- In the first formula above, the reference argument is omitted. The formula returns the total number of sheets in the workbook.
- In the second formula above, the reference argument is cell A1 in Sheet5. It can also be any other cell, like B10 in Sheet5. And the returned result is 1 because only one sheet is in the reference.
- In the third formula above, the reference argument is a 3D reference. The formula returns the number of sheets from Sheet5 to Sheet4, which is 2.
Excel EVEN Function
The EVEN function rounds numbers away from zero to the nearest even integer.
Excel EXP Function
The EXP function returns the result of the constant e raised to the nth power.