Excel TTEST Function
The TTEST function returns the probability that is associated with a Student's t-test. TTEST is often used to test the probability of two samples that have underlying populations with the same mean.
Note: TTEST has been replaced with T.TEST. Although TTEST is still available in current versions of Excel, you should consider using the new function from now on, because TTEST may not be available in Excel’s future versions.
=TTEST(array1, array2, tails, type)
- array1 (required): The first data set.
- array2 (required): The second data set.
- tails (required): The number of distribution tails to use. This must be either:
- 1, to use the one-tailed distribution;
- 2, to use the two-tailed distribution.
- type (required): A number indicates which type of t-test to perform:
- 1, to perform a paired t-test;
- 2, to perform a two-sample equal variance t-test;
- 3, to perform a two-sample unequal variance t-test
The TTEST function returns a numeric value.
- If tails and type are not integers, they will be truncated.
- TTEST returns the #N/A error if array1 and array2 have a different number of data points, and you want to perform a paired t-test (type=1).
- TTEST returns the #VALUE! error if either of the supplied tails and type is non-numeric.
- TTEST returns the #NUM! error if:
- tails is any value other than 1 or 2;
- type is any value other than 1, 2 or 3.
To calculate the probability associated with a Student's paired t-test, with one and two-tailed distribution, please copy or enter the formulas below in the corresponding result cells, and press Enter to get the results.
Excel T.TEST Function
The T.TEST function returns the probability that is associated with a Student's t-test. T.TEST is often used to test the probability of two samples that have underlying populations with the same mean.
The Best Office Productivity Tools
Would you like to complete your daily work quickly and perfectly? Kutools for Excel brings 300 powerful advanced features (Combine workbooks, sum by color, split cell contents, convert date, and so on...) and save 80% time for you.
- Designed for 1500 work scenarios, helps you solve 80% Excel problems.
- Reduce thousands of keyboard and mouse clicks every day, relieve your tired eyes and hands.
- Become an Excel expert in 3 minutes. No longer need to remember any painful formulas and VBA codes.
- 30-day unlimited free trial. 60-day money back guarantee. Free upgrade and support for 2 years.
- One second to switch between dozens of open documents!
- Reduce hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day, say goodbye to mouse hand.
- Increases your productivity by 50% when viewing and editing multiple documents.
- Brings Efficient Tabs to Office (include Excel), Just Like Chrome, Firefox, And New Internet Explorer.