Attach Calendar in an Email
Sometimes, you may want to share your calendar information to others via emails in Outlook. You can attach the specified calendar as an attachment in an email easily. This tutorial will show two solutions to achieve it.
Note: Methods introduced on this page apply to Microsoft Outlook 2019 desktop program in Windows 10. And the instructions may vary significantly or slightly depending on the version of Microsoft Outlook and the Windows environments.
You can attach a calendar as attachment directly in a composing message directly with the Insert Calendar feature in Outlook. Please do as follows:
1. Open the message editing window with one of below methods:
- In the mail view, click Home > New Email to create a new email
- Click Home > Reply or Reply All to reply an email
- Click Home > Forward to forward an email.
2. Now in the message editing window, please click Insert > Calendar.
(1) Click the Calendar drop-down list, and select the specified calendar you will attach as an attachment.
(2) Specify the date range you will share the calendar within. You can click Date Range box and select the listing date ranges in the drop-down list, such as Today, Next 30 days, Whole calendar, etc.
Alternatively, you can also specify a custom date range that you will share the calendar within: click the Date Range box, select Specify Dates in the drop-down list, and then specify the date range in below Start and End boxes.
(3) If you need to share the calendar within your working hours, says from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM every working day, please tick the Show time within my working hours only option.
(4) Specify the layout of calendar items in the current email: click the Show button to expand the advanced options, and then specify one layout style from the Email Layout drop-down list.
4. Click the OK button to save the configuring.
Now the calendar is attached as a .ics attachment in the current composing email. Meanwhile, the calendar items are also listed in the message body.
5. Please compose the email, and send it as you need.
You can also attach a calendar to an email when you are viewing the calendar in the calendar view in Outlook. Please do as follows:
1. Shift to the calendar view, and open the specified calendar you will attach as an attachment.
2. Click Home > E-mail Calendar.
Now a new message composing window and the Send a Calendar via Email dialog come out. You can follow the same steps I introduced in the first solution to attach the calendar in the new email.
More articles ...
- Auto CC/BCC by rules when sending email; Auto Forward Multiple Emails by custom; Auto Reply without exchange server, and more automatic features...
- BCC Warning - show message when you try to reply all if your mail address is in the BCC list; Remind When Missing Attachments, and more remind features...
- Reply (All) With All Attachments in the mail conversation; Reply Many Emails in seconds; Auto Add Greeting when reply; Add Date into subject...
- Attachment Tools: Manage All Attachments in All Mails, Auto Detach, Compress All, Rename All, Save All... Quick Report, Count Selected Mails...
- Powerful Junk Emails by custom; Remove Duplicate Mails and Contacts... Enable you to do smarter, faster and better in Outlook.