Quickly convert or spell out a number into English words in Excel
Kutools for Excel
In Excel, you may need to convert or spell out a numeric value (a number) into English words, such as to convert 100.25 into English words “One hundred dollars and twenty-five cents”. There is no effective function except using a VBA code to solve it in Excel. But with Kutools for Excel’s Numbers to Words feature, you convert the numbers into English, Chinese words or English, Chinese currency words quickly and easily.
1. Highlight the range that you want to spell out numbers into English or Chinese currency spellings, and then click Kutools > Content > Numbers to Words, see screenshot:
2. In the Numbers to Currency Words dialog box, specify the languages in the dialog box you need. And there is a built-in Preview pane for you to see the results instantly. See screenshot:
3. Then click OK or Apply. All of the numbers have been converted into English currency Words. See screenshots:
Note: If you don't want to show the commas in the currency results, please check No commas in the Numbers to Currency Words dialog box.
Sometimes, you just want to convert the numbers to English or Chinese words only, such as, convert 1234 to One thousand two hundred thirty-four, please do as this:
1. Please apply the feature by clicking Kutools > Content > Numbers to Words, and then, in the Numbers to Currency Words dialog box:
- Specify the languages that you want to convert into;
- Then, check Not converted to Currency from the Options.
2. Then click OK or Apply. All of the numbers have been converted into English Words only as below screenshot shown:
Note: Please check No commas in the Numbers to Currency Words dialog box if you don't want to show the commas in the English words.
The following tools can greatly save your time and money, which one is right for you?
Office Tab: Using handy tabs in your Office, as the way of Chrome, Firefox and New Internet Explorer.
Kutools for Excel: More than 300 Advanced Functions for Excel 2021, 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007 and Office 365.
The functionality described above is just one of 300 powerful functions of Kutools for Excel.
Designed for Excel(Office) 2021, 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007 and Office 365. Free download and use for 60 days.