Quickly rename all attachments of one message in Outlook
Kutools for Outlook
When you receive an email message with multiple attachments in Outlook, for better classifying and tidying the attachments, you may want to rename all attachment. In Outlook, to rename attachments, you need to save the attachments to a folder firstly which is troublesome. However, if you use Rename All utility of Kutools for Outlook, you can quickly rename all attachments of one message.
- Auto CC/BCC by rules when sending email; Auto Forward Multiple Emails by rules; Auto Reply without exchange server, and more automatic features...
- BCC Warning - show message when you try to reply all if your mail address is in the BCC list; Remind When Missing Attachments, and more remind features...
- Reply (All) With All Attachments in the mail conversation; Reply Many Emails at once; Auto Add Greeting when reply; Auto Add Date&Time into subject...
- Attachment Tools: Auto Detach, Compress All, Rename All, Auto Save All... Quick Report, Count Selected Mails, Remove Duplicate Mails and Contacts...
- More than 100 advanced features will solve most of your problems in Outlook 2021 - 2010 or Office 365. Full features 60-day free trial.
The Rename All utility of Kutools for Outlook can quickly rename all attachments of the current email without saving the attachments.
1. Click the message item which contains the attachments that you want to rename, and then click Kutools > Attachment Tools > Rename All.
2. And an Attachment Rename dialog box comes out. Double click the attachment name you want to rename, remove the original attachment name, and type the new name you need, see screenshot:
Tips: This operation will rename one attachment at a time. For multiple attachments, please repeat this operation as you need.
3. Click OK. Then you can see all attachments of the selected message are renamed in bulk.
Supposing you are composing a new email or replying/forwarding an email in the message composing window, and you have attached files in the email, you can apply the Rename All (Attachments) feature to rename these attached files easily in Outlook.
1. Click Kutools > Rename All to enable the feature.
2. In the Attachments Rename dialog, please double click the attachment name you want to rename, and then type in the new name.
Tips: This operation will rename one attachment at a time. For renaming other attachments, please repeat this operation as you need.
3. After renaming all attachments as you need, please click the OK button to save the changes.
Then you will see all attachments are renamed in bulk in the message composing window. See screenshot:
Note: This Rename All (Attachments) feature does not support to rename attachments in a Rich Text composing message yet at present.
Best Office Productivity Tools
Kutools for Outlook - Over 100 Powerful Features to Supercharge Your Outlook
📧 Email Automation: Out of Office (Available for POP and IMAP) / Schedule Send Emails / Auto CC/BCC by Rules When Sending Email / Auto Forward (Advanced Rules) / Auto Add Greeting / Automatically Split Multi-Recipient Emails into Individual Messages ...
Over 100 Features Await Your Exploration! Click Here to Discover More.