Excel BIN2HEX Function
Excel BIN2HEX Function
The BIN2HEX function converts a binary number to a hexadecimal number.
=BIN2HEX (number, [places])
- Number (required): The binary number you want to convert to the hexadecimal equivalent.
- Places (optional): The number of characters to represent the hexadecimal number.
BIN2HEX pads the result with leading zeros to the specified number of places when necessary.
If omitted, the minimum number of characters required is used.
The BIN2HEX function returns a numeric value.
- Number and places, the two arguments in the BIN2HEX function, should be supplied as numeric values.
- If the supplied number argument is negative, the BIN2HEX function returns a 10-character hexadecimal number regardless of the places argument.
- If the supplied places argument is not an integer, it will be truncated.
- The #NUM! error value occurs if:
- the supplied number argument is not recognized as a binary number or a numeric value.
- the supplied number argument contains more than 10 characters.
- the minimum number of characters required is greater than the supplied places argument.
- the supplied places argument < 0 or > 10.
- The #VALUE! error value occurs if the supplied places argument is non-numeric.
Supposing, you want to convert the binary numbers in the table below to hexadecimal numbers. Please do as follows.
1. Copy the formula below into cell E5.
2. Then drag the fill handle down to the cells you want to apply this formula too. The results are as the following screenshot shows.
- In the formula of Cell E5, the places argument is omitted and defaults to the minimum number of characters.
- We can directly input values in the two arguments in the formula. For example, the formula in cell E5 can be changed to:
- If we need to set the places argument as 4, please copy the formula below into cell E5.
=BIN2HEX (C5, 4)
Then drag the fill handle down to the cells you want to apply this formula too. The results are as the following screenshot shows.
We can see that when the supplied number argument is negative, BIN2HEX function always returns a 10-character result, ignoring the places argument.
Excel EVEN Function
The EVEN function rounds numbers away from zero to the nearest even integer.
Excel EXP Function
The EXP function returns the result of the constant e raised to the nth power.
The Best Office Productivity Tools
Kutools for Excel - Helps You To Stand Out From Crowd
Would you like to complete your daily work quickly and perfectly? Kutools for Excel brings 300 powerful advanced features (Combine workbooks, sum by color, split cell contents, convert date, and so on...) and save 80% time for you.
- Designed for 1500 work scenarios, helps you solve 80% Excel problems.
- Reduce thousands of keyboard and mouse clicks every day, relieve your tired eyes and hands.
- Become an Excel expert in 3 minutes. No longer need to remember any painful formulas and VBA codes.
- 30-day unlimited free trial. 60-day money back guarantee. Free upgrade and support for 2 years.
Office Tab - Enable Tabbed Reading and Editing in Microsoft Office (include Excel)
- One second to switch between dozens of open documents!
- Reduce hundreds of mouse clicks for you every day, say goodbye to mouse hand.
- Increases your productivity by 50% when viewing and editing multiple documents.
- Brings Efficient Tabs to Office (include Excel), Just Like Chrome, Firefox, And New Internet Explorer.