How to toggle between hidden and visible sheets in Excel?
Supposing you have some sheets with important data that you don’t want others to see, hiding worksheets can be a simple way to protect data in Excel. But sometimes, you need to show the hidden sheets and then hide them again, normally you need to unhide them one by one, if you usually apply this operation, it will be troublesome and time-consuming. In this article, I will introduce you some quick ways to toggle the worksheets between hidden and unhidden.
- Reuse Anything: Add the most used or complex formulas, charts and anything else to your favorites, and quickly reuse them in the future.
- More than 20 text features: Extract Number from Text String; Extract or Remove Part of Texts; Convert Numbers and Currencies to English Words.
- Merge Tools: Multiple Workbooks and Sheets into One; Merge Multiple Cells/Rows/Columns Without Losing Data; Merge Duplicate Rows and Sum.
- Split Tools: Split Data into Multiple Sheets Based on Value; One Workbook to Multiple Excel, PDF or CSV Files; One Column to Multiple Columns.
- Paste Skipping Hidden/Filtered Rows; Count And Sum by Background Color; Send Personalized Emails to Multiple Recipients in Bulk.
- Super Filter: Create advanced filter schemes and apply to any sheets; Sort by week, day, frequency and more; Filter by bold, formulas, comment...
- More than 300 powerful features; Works with Office 2007-2019 and 365; Supports all languages; Easy deploying in your enterprise or organization.
Supposing you have a workbook with Sheet1, Sheet2 and Sheet3 are hidden, the following VBA code can help you quickly display them and the second click will hide them again. Please do as follows:
1. Click Developer > Visual Basic, and a new Microsoft Visual Basic for applications window will display, click Insert > Module, and then input the following code in the module.
Sub ToggleHideUnhideDataSheets() Application.ScreenUpdating = False Dim wb As Workbook Dim ShtNames() As Variant Set wb = ActiveWorkbook ShtNames = Array("Sheet1", "Sheet2", "Sheet3") For i = 0 To UBound(ShtNames) wb.Sheets(ShtNames(i)).Visible = Not wb.Sheets(ShtNames(i)).Visible Next i Application.ScreenUpdating = True End Sub
In the above code, the ShtNames = Array("Sheet1", "Sheet2", "Sheet3") is a variable, you can change the hidden worksheet names as you need.
2. Then press F5 key to run the code, and the hidden sheets have been displayed, if you want to hide them again, please press F5 key once again.
With Toggle Hidden Worksheets Visibility function of Kutools for Excel, you can easily toggle sheets between hidden and unhidden by clicking Worksheets command.
When you have installed Kutools for Excel, you can do as following steps:
1. Open the workbook which must contains some hidden worksheets.
2. Click Kutools > Worksheets, see screenshot:
When you click the Worksheets command once, all of the hidden sheets have been displayed, if you want to hide them again, click the Worksheets command with a second time. See screenshots:
Note: This function also apply to non-continuous hidden sheets.
If you want to know more about this function, please click Toggle Hidden Worksheets Visibility.